CAP leaders working TSA waiver

Started by Spike, April 25, 2009, 02:50:03 PM

desertengineer1

Quote from: jimmydeanno on April 29, 2009, 01:30:19 PM
Quote from: Gunner C on April 29, 2009, 01:09:12 PM
...and inflamatory. 

It was meant to be, I can't stand TSA.  My last flight about a month an a half ago included...

A 30 minute line to go through the detectors/security checkpoint.
Removal of my shoes, belt, zip up sweatshirt and hat.
The TSA guy giving me attitude for not having my deodorant in a 1Qt clear plastic baggie.
A "random" test on my bag to check for some sort of explosive residue.
Before boarding I was called for a "random" recheck.
Getting off the plane I was called for a "random" recheck.
Picking up my luggage there was one of those "TSA has opened your bag" thingys, with my stuff crammed back into it.

TSA takes 4-5 hours of my time away every time I fly, between the extra time for arrival, searches, standing in line, ditching my water, etc.  They make me downright angry and I could care less if the entire organization disappear.  I have NEVER had a pleasant experience with TSA.

I'm going to side with Spike on this one.  As a business traveller of about 60,000 air miles per year, I agree.

After ten signs of printed instructions on the wall and on your itenerary, repeated verbal instructions while in line, and repeated times through the line, you should know the drill.  My bag has been inspected maybe three times in the last two years and the contents remained as I folded them.

Everything in your list can be accomplished in about 30 seconds.  I do it , on average, about twice a week.  The spectral swab takes about 60 seconds to do.  An attitude to the person doing any of the above (especially the additional screening) is a major no no, and IMHO is just asking to get into trouble.

I behave myself and am through the line in about 2 minutes.  I would estimate about 95% of other travelers I see do the same.  It's not a root canal, nor is it rocket science.

If you don't have the patience and want to be a jerk about it to the people trying to do thier jobs, I personally think you deserve it.  If the guy (or lady) asks you to take the hat off and you aren't in the mood to be nice, then you can walk on down to the "I'm not in the mood" penalty box or leave.  The rest of us are trying to get to our destinations.

OK, soap box put away...

Nothing to see here....

Move along..

:)

SarDragon

Regarding TSA locks - they would be really great if I'd get them back after the TSA opens them to inventory my luggage. So far, they've lost three of them for me. At $3.50 a pop in a package of two, I'm not really enthusiastic about supporting that industry segment.

My experiences otherwise have been improving each time I fly.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Spike

^ I have been through three major airports that have lines coded like they do on ski slopes.  Black Diamonds, Green Circles etc.  The more experienced travelers go to the black diamond line, while the Disney World Vacationing Family is directed to the green circle line where it takes longer to go through.  It is a real time saver for those of us that travel for work etc. 

I heard it will spreading to most International and some Regional Airports by the end of this year.