Main Menu

cutouts

Started by cadetnelson, April 13, 2006, 06:19:46 PM

cadetnelson

Hi.  I'm new and starting to assemble items for uniforms and by reading CAPM 39-1 I keep hearing/reading about "cutouts" but I don't understand what these are.  Could you explain?  Thanks.
C/Amn Nelson

SarDragon

They are the metal or cloth CAP insignia.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

cadetnelson

C/Amn Nelson

Pylon

And just to clarify, the metal cutouts are for use by Cadets.  C/AB (Cadet Airman Basic, what you start out as) wears a pair of metal cutouts.  Other cadets, when in blues, wear one cutout on one collar and one grade insignia on the other.  Cadets and certain senior members use the CAP cutouts on the service dress as well.

Senior members without grade are the only ones left who use the cloth CAP cutouts.  They are being phased out for other senior members, in lieu of grade on both collars.

So if that wasn't confusing, it (more or less) boils down to:  Metal cutouts for cadets, cloth for senior members.

Good luck assembling the uniform!
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

MIKE

Quote from: Pylon on April 13, 2006, 06:44:23 PM
Senior members without grade are the only ones left who use the cloth CAP cutouts.  They are being phased out for other senior members, in lieu of grade on both collars.

...And SM NCOs.

Quote from: CAPM 39-1 Fig. 2-17.2. CAP Lapel/Collar Insignia: Senior member NCOs and Airmen as well as senior members without grade wear
this device on both sides of the collar. Cadet members without grade wear metal device on both sides of the
collar.

Mike Johnston

Xeno

So if that wasn't confusing, it (more or less) boils down to:  Metal cutouts for cadets, cloth for senior members.

Not entirely accurate sir,

Cadet Officers wear the cloth cutouts on the epaulets of the M-65 field jacket. ;)

Ah yes, behold my 39-1 prowess!
C/1st Lt. Josh Sims
C/CC SWR-AR-095

121.5 -- If you crash, we will dash...

MIKE

Quote from: Xeno on April 14, 2006, 03:47:29 PM

Not entirely accurate sir,

Cadet Officers wear the cloth cutouts on the epaulets of the M-65 field jacket. ;)

Ah yes, behold my 39-1 prowess!

That is in dispute seeing as how CAPM 39-1 Fig. 6-11 shows no cutouts being worn.
Mike Johnston

alexalvarez

Ch, Lt. Col., Alex Alvarez
Alamo Composite Squadron, Bexar County Squadron, San Antonio, Texas
Group V Chaplain
Mitchell 1967, Earhart 1967, C/ Lt. Col. 1969
Fifty Year Member 2014