Main Menu

Encampment....wha????

Started by cadetnelson, April 11, 2006, 01:03:42 AM

cadetnelson

Sorry, I have a lot of questions on this forum.  But I am brand new to CAP (I don't even have a rank yet I dont think.  Do you have to advance to C/AB or is that what you are upon joining and then you advance first to C/Amn? ), so I guess I am a C/AB or something.

I know that encampment is for Cadets in the same wings and all, and it's sort of like a miniature boot camp to work on teamwork, marching, etc.  but do you have to be a certain rank to go, at all?  What could I expect if I went?  Thanks.
C/Amn Nelson

MIKE

You have to be at least a C/Amn.  You can go to encampments in other wings and regions with higher headquarters approval.
Mike Johnston

SarDragon

Mr Nelson, I think many of your questions would be answered if you went to the NHQ web site and downloaded and read CAPR 52-16 and CAPM 39-1. These are the two most used publicatons in the cadet program.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Matt

Also, you may want to look at CAPP 151

Also, C/AB is the grade given when you join.  Easiest analogy is: Bottom of the totem pole.  All the same, welcome aboard.
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

cadetnelson

thanks.  I didn't know you could download all those manuals.  Sorry, I've probably been kind of a pest  :-[   But I still have one question about C/AB and C/Amn.  I don't understand if the 2month between promotion applies to move up from C/AB to C/Amn since you don't take an actual test or anything.
C/Amn Nelson

Nathan

Actually, you do have to take a test.

As a C/AB, you're (hopefully) going to be trained in drill, customs and courtesies, rank structure, etc. At the end of your two month training period, you should be able to take the Curry Achievement test. Upon passing that, you will be promoted to C/Amn and awarded with your first ribbon and stripe.

Don't worry, you aren't a pest. I can guarentee that I'm a bigger pest than you are. ;)
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.

MIKE

Quote from: cadetnelson on April 11, 2006, 05:01:24 PM
But I still have one question about C/AB and C/Amn.  I don't understand if the 2month between promotion applies to move up from C/AB to C/Amn since you don't take an actual test or anything.

Quote from: CAPR 52-162-3 a. ... Cadets can complete Achievement 1 any time after the date joined. All other achievements
require a minimum 60-day separation between completion of each of the achievements (except as noted in Chapter 6
for JROTC).

As was stated, there is a test for achievement 1.  You can take the test as soon as you are officially a member.  You are eligible for promotion once you pass this test,  the CPFT and the Moral Leadership requirements of achievement 1.
Mike Johnston

cadetnelson

oh, okay.  So you take a test, but for the first acheivement, you don't have to wait the two months after joining, you just have to be proficient in drill, etc.?
C/Amn Nelson

MIKE

Quote from: cadetnelson on April 11, 2006, 06:25:22 PM
oh, okay.  So you take a test, but for the first acheivement, you don't have to wait the two months after joining, you just have to be proficient in drill, etc.?

You would be eligible for promotion once you fulfill all of the requirements for the achievement.  The test is only one element.  See this chart that lists the requirements for each achievement.
Mike Johnston

cadetnelson

C/Amn Nelson