iPhone ownership and use

Started by NH_LFOD, December 31, 2008, 07:07:51 PM

NH_LFOD

Hey Folks,

Quick question here.  How many of you currently own and use an iPhone?

Happy New Year!

Pylon

Though only some features overlap, I use the iPod Touch.  It's great to be able to sync my calendar and emails with Outlook and have all that with me anywhere I am.  Throw in there some applications for my other favorite tools and even without the phone and GPS functionality, it's pretty powerful little device.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Eclipse

Not me.

AT&T service, 3g especially, is terrible up in my parts.  The few iPhone lemmings users I know generally have 3G switched off.

Device still has serious technical and cultural limitations over my MDA which is now 3-4+ year old tech.

(no tether, locked-in provider, closed architecture, closed application path, etc.)

While there's no question the hardware (like all Apple products) is beautifully engineered, there's plenty of similar products from vendors with more features and less limitations.

"That Others May Zoom"

Jimbo

I have it, it is great for travelling (which I do alot of) and almost everywhere I have been has 3G.  I switched after having verizon for about 5 years.  I have not been to a place yet where it has not had service.
James Keohane, Lt Col, CAP (Maj, USAFR)
Wing Director of Cadet Programs
Chief of Curriculum/Chief Instructor, Cadet Officer School
--------------------------------------------------------
Previous Units: VA-001, VA-025, TX-023, MA-015, MA-070, MA-032
Billy Mitchell (#49097); Amelia Earhart (#12098); Gen Ira C Eaker (#1239)

Eeyore

I have one, switched to it from Blackberry. There are a few limitations that irk me, but I'm sure they will be fixed in the next few updates, beyond those few limitations, I love it.

♠SARKID♠

I'll stick to media devices that aren't pending class-action lawsuits, thank you very much.

Timbo

^ Waiting for someone to mention that. 

I found the iPhone to be uncomfortable to hold.  Since I hate Bluetooth headsets (for the cancer they most likely are causing) I am stuck using my hands........ I did not go with one when the employer offered to buy me one.  Instead they pay for my LG and service.

I did watch a kid break his "just purchased" iPhone when he walked out of the AT&T store and dropped it on the ground.  He should have purchased the carrier insurance plan.     

MikeD

I just got a T-Mobile G1 (aka Android or the Google Phone).  I already got my own app running on mine  >:D

(For those not in the know, it's kinda like an iPhone, but with a real keyboard, and a true open platform)

LtCol Hooligan

I just got the HTC Touch Pro on Verizon.  It is running Windows Moble 6.1.  It it starting to grow on me, but I think I liked my Palm Treo 700WX running Win Mobile 5.0 better just because the keyboard was always there and it would take some abuse.  I kind of wish I went with the new version of the Treo, but the HTC is kind of cool and everyone likes to see it.
ERIK C. LUDLOW, Lt Col, CAP
Director of IT; Director of Cadet Programs
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.ndcap.us

Stonewall

I have a Blackberry 8830 that was issued by work.  Not knowing too much about iPhones and suck, I went with what I am familiar with as I was issued a Blackberry up in DC starting in 2004 and grew to love it.

Best thing to me about any PDA/Phone thingy is syncing up with my PC at work with my calendar and contacts.  Internet doesn't hurt either as you'll see the little phone icon here on CAP Talk when I post from my Blackberry.

Calendar is the best as I've never had so much going on in my life before.  From ANG drill weekends to meetings to plan meetings at my job.

I'm cool with my BB, but would easily entertain getting something new but it needs to be with Sprint.
Serving since 1987.