New Corporate Uniform

Started by mikeylikey, March 07, 2006, 09:22:30 PM

mikeylikey

At the confence in D. C. this past week, a new corporate uniform was introduced.  The unfiform consists of the Air Force Pants, the Air Force Necktie, the Air Force Belt and Buckle and the Air Force Officer Epaulets (BLUE, exaclty like the AF).  The only difference is the shirt is not blue, it is white and the addition of a blue nameplate that says "Civil Air Patrol" and your last name.  This should make alot of people happy and alot of people mad at the same time.  No more candy-stripped ties!

[attachment deleted by admin- older than one year]
What's up monkeys?

Pylon

Quote from: mikeylikey on March 07, 2006, 09:22:30 PM
No more candy-stripped ties!

This newly introduced uniform is not replacing either the USAF-style Service Dress uniform nor the CAP Distinctive Aviator uniform... at least, not yet.  At this time, it is simply an additional uniform to the already swelling mix of CAP uniforms. 
You can still wear your aviator shirt and grey pants, with the striped regimental tie.

Of course, this whole situation in and of itself negates the basic concept of "uniform," but that's a whole different subject.   ;)

I'd be interested to see a photograph of this new CAP "distinctive" uniform at some point.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Viper

At the confence in D. C. this past week, a new corporate uniform was introduced.  The unfiform consists of the Air Force Pants, the Air Force Necktie, the Air Force Belt and Buckle and the Air Force Officer Epaulets (BLUE, exaclty like the AF).  The only difference is the shirt is not blue, it is white and the addition of a blue nameplate that says "Civil Air Patrol" and your last name.  This should make alot of people happy and alot of people mad at the same time.  No more candy-stripped ties!

Is it the white Aviator Shirt like what's currently worn?

Or, is it a white version off the Air Force Blues shirt?:

ddelaney103

Unpleated pockets - same shirt as for the white and greys.

Viper

Quote from: ddelaney103 on March 08, 2006, 01:14:30 AM

In the near future, will they do away with the White and Greys?

SKI304

No more candy-stripped ties!

Actually, you didn't even have to wear the candy-striped tie with the current Aviator Shirt Combo.

QuoteCAPM 39-1, Table 4-3
USAF blue tie or CAP blue floppy bow must be worn with long sleeved
version, optional with short-sleeved version. Any other style or color
tie/floppy bow (including Regimental and ties with CAP Crest) is not
authorized. CAP blue floppy bow is available only from CAPMart.

Mod Edit: Removed Bill's Kielochesque newbie identifier tag.  Welcome, Bill!  :)    --MK
BILL HRINKO, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Youngstown ARS Composite Squadron

SKI304

I appologize for the improper formatting in the previous post, but for the life of me, I can't figure out why my entire post is coming up as a quote...

Must be some kind of Kielochesque newbie identifier tag.
BILL HRINKO, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Youngstown ARS Composite Squadron

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Viper on March 08, 2006, 02:05:06 AM
Quote from: ddelaney103 on March 08, 2006, 01:14:30 AM

In the near future, will they do away with the White and Greys?

Dunno... but I wouldn't be surprised if that happens.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

mikeylikey

From a confrence call I had with national this will replace the grey pants and aviator shirt as soon as a memo is drafted.  It also means the end for the Regimental Tie.  From what I heard on the call a few more changes are in the works.  The black leather jacket will be allowed with the new corporate, and the flight cap will be authorized for it as well.  This sure is a change in Air Force policy that has for years not allowed many changes to the CAP uniform. 
What's up monkeys?

arajca

This is a corporate uniform, not an AF. The AF has pretty much taken a hands-off attitude to toward our corporate uniforms.

If it will replace the greys, I wonder when they'll approve a 'service' coat for it.

Viper

Quote from: mikeylikey on March 08, 2006, 08:42:36 PM
From a confrence call I had with national this will replace the grey pants and aviator shirt as soon as a memo is drafted.  It also means the end for the Regimental Tie.  From what I heard on the call a few more changes are in the works.  The black leather jacket will be allowed with the new corporate, and the flight cap will be authorized for it as well.  This sure is a change in Air Force policy that has for years not allowed many changes to the CAP uniform. 

So, this uniform is almost exactly like the Air Force's, and now the Flight Cap can be worn with it?  How about jackets?  Is the Leather Jacket the only one that can be worn, or can the Lightweight Blues Jacket, and the others be worn?  If so, are the greay Epaulets worn, or will it be the metal pin-on insignia?

dwb

Quote from: mikeylikey on March 08, 2006, 08:42:36 PMFrom a confrence call I had with national this will replace the grey pants and aviator shirt as soon as a memo is drafted.

And I just bought new grey pants!  Blast, I can't win in this organization!

pixelwonk

Quote from: justin_bailey on March 08, 2006, 09:41:11 PM
Quote from: mikeylikey on March 08, 2006, 08:42:36 PMFrom a confrence call I had with national this will replace the grey pants and aviator shirt as soon as a memo is drafted.

And I just bought new grey pants!  Blast, I can't win in this organization!

Perhaps the grey pants may still be worn with the golf shirts.

MIKE

and the flight cap will be authorized for it as well. 

This was brought up and voted on, but IIRC it failed.
Mike Johnston

pixelwonk

Quote from: MIKE on March 08, 2006, 10:02:55 PM

That's what I thought too...
The premise being that it was mixing AF and CAP distinctive uniforms. 
I guess the AF trousers, belt and Actual USAF epaulet slides don't count.   ;D ::)

MIKE

Quote from: tedda on March 08, 2006, 10:12:11 PM
Quote from: MIKE on March 08, 2006, 10:02:55 PM

That's what I thought too...
The premise being that it was mixing AF and CAP distinctive uniforms. 
I guess the AF trousers, belt and Actual USAF epaulet slides don't count.   ;D ::)

My thoughts exactly... I dunno how the CAP-USAF/CC can just sit there and let this go forward. 
Mike Johnston

n0ssb

NIN

Quote from: MIKE on March 08, 2006, 10:26:19 PM
My thoughts exactly... I dunno how the CAP-USAF/CC can just sit there and let this go forward. 
Politically speaking, if Col H knows that the Air Staff will shoot this down like a Zeppelin over London, it doesn't cost him anything to sit there and let it go forward.

Speaking of Colonel H, might want to slide over to CAPBlog to post some Q&A questions for the CAP-USAF/CC.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

MIKE

Quote from: NIN on March 09, 2006, 11:18:36 AM
Quote from: MIKE on March 08, 2006, 10:26:19 PM
Politically speaking, if Col H knows that the Air Staff will shoot this down like a Zeppelin over London, it doesn't cost him anything to sit there and let it go forward.

Speaking of Colonel H, might want to slide over to CAPBlog to post some Q&A questions for the CAP-USAF/CC.

Looks like the question has been asked already. 
Mike Johnston

Major_Chuck

No No No No NO!

I just received my Vanguard order with Candy Strip Tie!  Not to mention grey epaulets ....

Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard