ROE 5.4

Started by The Admiral, January 25, 2006, 12:22:01 AM

The Admiral

Quote from: ROE 5.4Alternatively, color guard teams may wear black parade boots (combat boots are not permitted).

What are parade boots and how are they different from combat boots (except for the name...duh.)  In my supervising officer's navy experience, he was authorized to wear black combat boots with white shoelaces...is that the same kind of thing?  Please help!
Cross into the Blue!

MIKE

I think it is a reference to what CAPM 39-1 Table 2-1. and 2-2. refer to as "Dress Boots."  Dress boots will have soles and heels which are similar in thickness and height to the low quarters.  This seems to be the major distinguishing factor between the three.
Mike Johnston

capchiro

Dress or Parade boots used to refer to patent leather boots that were not practical for real wear, but looked good on parade and at funerals.  (Also, some MP's wore them).
Lt. Col. Harry E. Siegrist III, CAP
Commander
Sweetwater Comp. Sqdn.
GA154

Stephanie Allen

Parade boots are the boots you wear to look good....like during inspection, but would never where them out on the field because they'd fall apart.
C/A1C Allen
Flight Sergeant

Yes, sadly, I'm a Flt Sgt and only an A1C...but hey...its been fun! *tehe* Word of advice from the mouth of my fellow Kenosha cadets: "Cabage...not so good at CADEX!" *tehe*