Main Menu

PLB - H.R. Smith

Started by KyCAP, July 16, 2008, 02:51:47 AM

KyCAP

A quick search returned only 3 results for PLB and none were related to equipment reviews.

The ACR PLBs don't have two-way radio comms.

This one does... http://www.hr-smith.com/products/elt-plb.html 
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
IC-2 plus all the rest. :)
Kentucky Wing

Major Lord

That 500-12 model with voice comms on 121.5 is very, very cool! I wonder if they are available in the U.S.? Its sort of a like a modernized version of the PRC-90 rescue radio.

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

KyCAP

They have a US distributor, Specmat.  They are in TN.  I was on the phone with them this morning.   

Specmat Technologies Inc.
215 Dunavant Drive, Rockford, Tennessee, TN 37853, USA
Tel. +1 (865) 609 1411, Fax. +1 (865) 609 1911
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
Kentucky Wing

BigMojo

That is cool... Approximate cost?
Ben Dickmann, Capt, CAP
Emergency Services Officer
Group 6, Florida Wing

KyCAP

I didn't ask when I was talking to them, but I know of the "guys" at Sporty's and recommended that they check it out and look to put it in their catalog.
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
Kentucky Wing

KyCAP

I just spoke with them.   $2200 is the list price.. They're checking with Englad to see if they can get a CAP price for members.
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
Kentucky Wing