Main Menu

ES GEAR LOADOUT

Started by maverik, June 30, 2008, 04:19:31 AM

maverik

Hey guys well I haven't been on in awhile but that NESA date is ever approaching and I'd like to get some web gear together as  I despise my MOLLE gear so I was wondering what layout your gear was in and please post pictures. thanks!
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

Hawk200

What's wrong with MOLLE gear? It's pretty stable stuff, and you can get a pocket for just about anything under the sun for it. ALICE doesn't have the same flexibility.

Dad2-4

Anyone seen hi-vis orange MOLLE? I'd buy that!

maverik

yeah regular MOLLE is amazing but.. my army surplus isn't exactly top quality. I don't know I've just had ALICE for a long long time and I still use my MOLLE gear but only for UDF or disaster relief.
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: colorguard_rifle on June 30, 2008, 04:19:31 AM
Hey guys well I haven't been on in awhile but that NESA date is ever approaching and I'd like to get some web gear together as  I despise my MOLLE gear so I was wondering what layout your gear was in and please post pictures. thanks!

Just organize it so that it fits your needs.  Put things that need to be accessible into accessible spots, and don't overload yourself.  Modeling my gear off of someone else's never did me any good, find whats best for you.

ThorntonOL

Molle and Alice. Whats the difference between the two?
This is a question coming from someone who is still acquireing equipment.
Former 1st Lt. Oliver L. Thornton
NY-292
Broome Tioga Composite Squadron

CadetProgramGuy

MOLLE:

MOdular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment

ALICE:

All-Purpose Lightweight Individual Carrying Equipment

Pics Below....

isuhawkeye

I have been playing with the true north system, and I have been pretty impressed so far. 

Not the best gear in the world, but a much closer attempt than anything I have worn in the past.

It is built on the alice design

RRLE

Sort of a Wikepedia history of load bearing equipment:

M-1956 LCE

m-1967 MLCE

ALICE

IIFS

MOLLE

ILBE - USMC