Main Menu

Hydration Pack Regulations

Started by mprokosch11, June 22, 2008, 12:38:06 AM

mprokosch11

There is an airshow coming up and I want to buy a Camelbak. Are there any regulations about what color a Camelbak can be? I've heard before they have to be either black or camoflauge.
C/Capt Matthew A. Prokosch, CAP
New York Wing
Utica Cadet Squadron (NER-NY-162)

MIKE

Quote from: CAPM 39-1 Table 2-5. Clothing/Accessory Standards17 "Camel Pack" Water Containers Authorized for use with CAP field uniform or BDU only, in hot
weather conditions, with or without built-in backpack. Will be black, brown, or camouflaged.
Mike Johnston

hatentx

does CAP make an issue about it havening a brad name on it.  I know the army is bad about it, we acually have to remove brand labels from item, like our camel baks, god forbid if you wear a pair of okleays and it have to O on them. 

mprokosch11

C/Capt Matthew A. Prokosch, CAP
New York Wing
Utica Cadet Squadron (NER-NY-162)

MIKE

Quote from: hatentx on June 22, 2008, 12:49:42 AM
does CAP make an issue about it havening a brad name on it.  I know the army is bad about it, we acually have to remove brand labels from item, like our camel baks, god forbid if you wear a pair of okleays and it have to O on them.

The clothing accessory standards aren't that specfic about branding for most accessories except eyeware which must be "Free of ornamentation on frames and lenses."  Some others will say things like plain black though.
Mike Johnston

mikeylikey

So MARPAT/ACU/ABU pattern is out?

I have heard Cadets arguing about wearing their ACU/ foliage green ones with Officers at ENC.  I honestly don't know what to say, because the reg is not clear what camo pattern.  Common sense would dictate our BDU pattern, but again, 39-1 (not very clear.......)

We should allow the new ABU/foliage green pattern though.  Figuring, (once again common sense) that CAP will eventually go to that flavor of uniform in the not so distant future. 

Honestly, as long as the Cadets and Seniors have water and they are drinking it, color or pattern should not matter.  (Orange camelbaks for all CAP Rangers....woo-hoo)
What's up monkeys?

MIKE

I think it goes to intent... We currently wear Woodland camoflauged BDUs... so any other camo pattern is out "To present the proper military image."

Mine is black BTW.
Mike Johnston

afgeo4

Black is authorized with BDU and ABU in USAF and will be in CAP, so why bother getting anything else?
GEORGE LURYE

Hawk200

Must be your installation. In the Army Guard it hasn't been a problem for anyone. Same on Ft Jackson and Ft Eustiss, at Camp Swift, and even here at Ft Sill. Most of the RFI comfort items that we got issued last week had all kinds of advertising on them.

Personally, I remove the labels, but that's just me as I don't care for them. Everyone else here still has them on, and many have wondered why I removed mine. It hasn't been an issue here at all.

hatentx

Quote from: Hawk200 on June 22, 2008, 01:44:09 AM

Must be your installation. In the Army Guard it hasn't been a problem for anyone. Same on Ft Jackson and Ft Eustiss, at Camp Swift, and even here at Ft Sill. Most of the RFI comfort items that we got issued last week had all kinds of advertising on them.

Personally, I remove the labels, but that's just me as I don't care for them. Everyone else here still has them on, and many have wondered why I removed mine. It hasn't been an issue here at all.

No that is what we laughed at as well.  We got issued all this gear with logos and such on them and then we are told we could not wear them.  I must go into theater with ballitic eye wear and were issued the Okeley M Frames, but we cant wear anything with logos.  Had to get a letter from the full bird to authoorise them.  So ridicules.

♠SARKID♠

QuoteNo that is what we laughed at as well.  We got issued all this gear with logos and such on them and then we are told we could not wear them.  I must go into theater with ballitic eye wear and were issued the Okeley M Frames, but we cant wear anything with logos.  Had to get a letter from the full bird to authoorise them.  So ridicules.

And the Catch-22s keep on-a-comin...

Sounds like a job for a sharpie or nail file, or are you not allowed to do that?  I suppose if its issued to you its gov't property, huh?

hatentx

idk i lost mine a long time ago.  And once you are down range alot of the stupid regulations go out the window.  I wore the Half Jackets most of my deployment.  No one said anything about the O's on them until we got home.  I still wear Okeleys but I mad sure the Logos are more subdued and not noticeable.  I ripped the logos of the Camel Bak.  But I still left them on both of my goggles.  the strap says Whiley X and there is no getting ride of those and my SWD goggles I have no clue where they are but the do have some kinda logo on them

gistek

Quote from: penguinmaster113 on June 22, 2008, 12:38:06 AM
There is an airshow coming up and I want to buy a Camelbak. Are there any regulations about what color a Camelbak can be? I've heard before they have to be either black or camoflauge.

I couldn't find a black, brown, or camoflauge camelbak that fit me. All I could find was red or electric blue. I chose the red one, since it'd go better with my BDU's (I wear the blue ones).

If corporate doesn't like it, they can cut my pay.

PHall

Quote from: gistek on June 22, 2008, 06:59:40 PM
Quote from: penguinmaster113 on June 22, 2008, 12:38:06 AM

I couldn't find a black, brown, or camoflauge camelbak that fit me. All I could find was red or electric blue. I chose the red one, since it'd go better with my BDU's (I wear the blue ones).

If corporate doesn't like it, they can cut my pay.

Or they can tell you to either ditch your red camelbak or go home, your choice.
And I've seen it happen too.

DC

Where were you looking? If you limited yourself to the selection at WalMart then...

I would have gone online, you'll pay a little more for shipping and have to wait a few days for it, but you would get exactly what you want.

Question: I'm looking at the Blackhawk! Hydrastorm Tidal Rave, does anyone have one, know someone who knows someone who has one? What do you/they think of it?

lordmonar

Quote from: mikeylikey on June 22, 2008, 01:06:58 AM
So MARPAT/ACU/ABU pattern is out?

It only says CAMOFLAGE.......Any pattern would be okay as far as I was concerned.....heck if the Cadet showed up with a pink Barbie Camel Back.....I would probably allow it....as hydration is more important than uniform regulations in my humble opinion.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

Yes, it says camo, and CAP members are only allowed to wear one pattern of camo - woodland, ergo...

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

Quote from: Eclipse on June 23, 2008, 04:34:07 AM
Yes, it says camo, and CAP members are only allowed to wear one pattern of camo - woodland, ergo...

Nice streach....but as it is so often pointed out to me....it's not in the regulations "woodland only".
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

DC

Quote from: lordmonar on June 23, 2008, 05:27:48 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on June 23, 2008, 04:34:07 AM

Nice streach....but as it is so often pointed out to me....it's not in the regulations "woodland only".
Generally one would apply common sense to a vague regulation, rather than exploiting the vagueness to fit your needs. However, I agree that hydration, in whatever form is the most important thing. I would encourage members to stick to either woodland, black or brown (which I am assuming means the Coyote color that seems to be on everything lately?). I would stick to black, because it can be worn with everything without looking wierd. The brown will look ok with ABUs when we transition to those, and at that point I would transfer the definition of camouflage to the ABU pattern, or ACU, as they look similar on smaller objects. Base it on the current circumstances.

Camouflage could be interpreted to mean urban camo, or one of those rediculous orange or red or purple camos that they put on kids clothing and stuff.

Then when HQ finally decides to implement the stack of ICLs sitting around into 39-1 and actually provide the membership with a current manual, they can make such things more concise.

[/wishfulthinking]

JROB

My Camelback is Red for safety reasons with a CAP name tape velcroed on the back.
Maj. Jason Robinson
Squadron Commander, Desoto Composite Squadron
SER-MS-096

"If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life"-Igor Sikorsky