Manitowoc Airshow

Started by ♠SARKID♠, June 08, 2008, 10:21:10 PM

♠SARKID♠

The article I wrote on the event

QuoteJune 6-8 marked the Wisconsin Wing's annual participation in the Thunder on the Lakeshore airshow in Manitowoc, WI.  Approximately 40 cadets and seniors  from the Timmerman Composite Squadron, 461st Wisconsin Composite Squadron, Milwaukee Senior Support Squadron 10, and Sheboygan Composite Squadron attended  the event and provided flight line safety and crowd control operations.  Also, a CAP Cessna 182 equipped with a G1000 glass cockpit was deployed from  Timmerman Airfield to the airshow for static display.  Although foul weather expedited airborne operations on June 7th, and cancelled them on the 8th the  show still attracted thousands of spectators over the weekend.  Attractions included various historic aircraft, a parachute team, aerobatic displays,  simulators, C-130 tours, and various fighter jets. CAP and other volunteer workers were also treated to a private airshow by two latecoming F-18 Hornets  from the Royal Canadian Air Force who performed multiple low altitude, high speed passes over the airfield.  The Hornets also provided an opportunity for  trained CAP flight line marshals to test their skills on an aircraft significantly larger than the traditional Cessna.  Airshow officials lauded CAP  thanking them for their hard work, efficiency, and professionalism in performing their duties.

Dan Turkal, C/MSgt, CAP
Cadet Commander, Timmerman Composite Squadron

I CAN'T BELIEVE I GOT TO MARSHALL TWO F-18s!  Definitely the highlight of the show for me!

♠SARKID♠

Oops, mods can I have this moved to Aviation & Flying Activities?  Thanks

PHall

Well, since I haven't seen anything about two F-18's colliding at an airshow, I guess you did it right! Congrats! :clap:

♠SARKID♠

Thanks!  It was pretty nerve wracking but the pilots said I did a good job.

MIKE

So, they were Finnish Air Force Hornets?  ;)
Mike Johnston