Main Menu

Inexpensive tactical vest

Started by sarflyer, June 06, 2008, 12:26:30 PM

davidsinn

I haven't used it in the field yet. I have a SAREX in a few weeks so I'll give a report then.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

CAP006

Quote from: sarflyer on June 06, 2008, 12:26:30 PM
I found this site which sells mostly gun stuff but they had this Mil Tec vest which looks really good for SAR operations.  Especially a 24 hr pack.

http://buy.cheaperthandirt.com/BJR015-51832-1572.html

Thats what I have.  It's confortable, warm, and isn't all that heavy.  I would recomend that for anyone and everyone!!!!!
CAP 006 = one away from the Big Shot

C/2nd. Lt. Robert Dahms
Cadet ES Officer
Cadet Comm's Officer
Color Guard Commander
MER-NC-023

DC

One of my cadets got this pack, and an extra pouch for his 24 hour gear. It holds everything, keeps it pretty well organized, and there is space foe a hydration bladder in the pack, so you are pretty much set. It is also a lot smaller than it looks, very compact and relatively light. Beats web gear.

Pylon

Quote from: DC on June 15, 2008, 03:41:09 PM
One of my cadets got ... an extra pouch ...

I love that pouch!  May have to add one of those to my planned MOLLE vest acquisition. 

Thanks for sharing about that pouch, and also the backpack.  Cheaperthandirt is indeed a great source.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

CKH405

I bought one of those vest off of eBay when i became fed up with the molly pack that was issued by my wing HQ. it works terrifically as a 24 hr pack, and i highly recommend it
C/SMSgt Baker
Safety/PT Officer
Cape Fear Squadron
MER-NC-023

KyCAP

LA Police Gear has a bunch of BlackHawk! branded Tactical vests on closeout.  They have been $150+ on some of them and they're down to $40 on some now... Just on there ordering some other things and saw them..

www.lapolicegear.com
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
IC-2 plus all the rest. :)
Kentucky Wing

FlyingTerp

Quote from: KyCAP on June 20, 2008, 03:49:56 AM
LA Police Gear has a bunch of BlackHawk! branded Tactical vests on closeout.  They have been $150+ on some of them and they're down to $40 on some now... Just on there ordering some other things and saw them..

www.lapolicegear.com

^I've ordered a lot of gear from them.  I highly recommend them based on service and price.