Converting a Pointer Cadet 6000 training beacon to use C-Cell Batteries

Started by JoeTomasone, May 28, 2008, 04:51:05 PM

JoeTomasone

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on June 12, 2008, 06:17:35 AM
To prevent death in the field; I've had it happen.  And besides, it makes for a neat project and is just that much cooler  :)

Granted, but remember, you can measure the voltage of the pack before you start the training.   If you need replacements, slap 'em in.    The UDF gear box that I carry has C-cell batteries ready to go for that reason. 

I'd go with a solar charger and a spare set of rechargeable C-cells.  While one set is running the beacon, the other is charging.   Swap as required.

KyCAP

We started a project to modify one of our ammo can beacons.  One of our gurus has over 400 lines of C code written to "turn off" the beacon using an onboard clock at a pre-defined time.  This would allow for the beacon to be set and placed the night before and then "wake up" and start operating the next morning for the SAREX or however one wanted to program it.   

We were also experimenting with disabling the modulation and just leaving the carrier to be really tricky...   Never implemented either... >:D

Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
IC-2 plus all the rest. :)
Kentucky Wing