A CAPTalk President's Challenge

Started by Tubacap, May 18, 2008, 04:07:48 PM

If we were to start a CAPTalk President's Challenge, would you participate?

Yes
37 (71.2%)
No
15 (28.8%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Tubacap

I am nowhere near the Bronze Award (I think I'm at like 16%), but I did go for a hike in the woods with my family that was awesome.  I also just got an exercise ball that when I use it, I can actually do crunches without feeling like there is a knife in my back.  

No matter the points, nor awards, this has been a motivator for me.  
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

Pylon

Yeah, this has definitely been a good motivator.  Biked into to work this morning, rode around during the day, biked to lunch and biked to the bus station to get home.  Golfed last night, and aiming to do some stuff this weekend.   It really helps keeping track like this.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Tubacap

It's awesome when exercising and spending time with your family can happen at the same time!

My son Ben and I
NER-PA-001

SJFedor

Quote from: flyerthom on June 10, 2008, 10:21:34 PM
Quote from: Tubacap on June 09, 2008, 10:35:01 PM
I just scheduled an evening of racquetball with a friend.  Man it's good to be on summer break!

Second trauma code in two weeks. My arms are sore! Man I hate summer break ...

:angel:  >:D

I'm working the next 3 nights in trauma. And it's Bonnaroo this weekend (modern day woodstock). So I feel ya. We had a great kickoff to trauma season (memorial day) with 3 TA's.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

♠SARKID♠

Status update?  Hows everybody doing?

(In case you haven't noticed, I'm trying to keep on you guys to stay active!)

Tubacap

I was doing pretty well, then my back went into a spasm.  Should be back on track in a day or two.  Lost six pounds since the start though.
NER-PA-001

cadet cmsgt dotson

i am going to start doing it to but i started a couple of days ago i think i am doing pretty good so for but i got sick for about 3 days so i would of had alot more point if i wasnt sick

Pylon

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on June 18, 2008, 12:06:58 AM
Status update?  Hows everybody doing?

(In case you haven't noticed, I'm trying to keep on you guys to stay active!)

I love the activity, but I can't find enough time in my week for 5 days a week. 2 or 3 has been my norm recently.  I'm riding my bike into work when the weather has cooperated, until I blew some tire on my way in Monday, replaced it, blew the new tire again on the way home.  Need to get the bike looked at - so there goes my way of working exercise into a day where I otherwise wouldn't have time.   :P

Tubacap

^check to make sure your brakes are aligned only on the metal part of the rims.
NER-PA-001

jeders

My activity level is doing pretty good. My updating of my activity level, however, is not doing so well.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Tim Medeiros

My activity level has gone down abit, but I'm still losing weight, started around 220ish now 208 (weighing in again on Wednesday).
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

Tubacap

^What have you done?

My activities include, biking at around 17 mph, backpacking, working with an exercise ball (sounds odd, but will really kick your butt), and going to the gym and playing racquetball.
NER-PA-001

CadetProgramGuy

Been a while but here's the update:

DADx11                 30777  (house work, yard work, ect....)
SARKID                 20203  (Lifting / Hauling)
LIZ_92                 18419  (running, biking)
nedlee6                 16382  (Gazelle running fool)
mikeylikey   9144
lasupplyguy   8578
DougDra                   7894
flyerthom                   7344
Cadetprogramguy   7176
timmed                   6650
Tubacap                   4656
JohnDra                   4286
LtCol Hooligan   3689
jeders                   3355
K3BM                   3086
CAPMAN                   2915
Pylon                   2262
badger bob   1755
stillamarine   1212
cadet-cmsgt   1022
edmo1                     984
tjaxe                     392
Delta Charlie     162
mrmoen                       73
rwalsh                         0
riveraj                         0

Lots of new peeps, keep up the good work!!

Pylon

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: Tubacap on June 18, 2008, 10:54:38 AM
^What have you done?

My activities include, biking at around 17 mph, backpacking, working with an exercise ball (sounds odd, but will really kick your butt), and going to the gym and playing racquetball.
I've mainly been walking/running 2.67 miles a night, though its slacked off due to working on stuff for HGA.  I've also been working around the house and mowing the lawn.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

mikeylikey

I burned myself out.  Too much weekend partying, not enough Starbucks in the mornings, and JAG is on from 7-9AM, and the DVR decides to only record half the time.  So my mornings are shot, I must eat lunch......and then by the time dinner rolls around I am too tired to do anything. 

What's up monkeys?

winterg

I didn't get in the Captalk group for the President's Challenge but I have been doing it this summer.  (Is it too late?) I'm working as an archaeologist for the State of Illinois this summer and walking through some awful terrain for 10 hours a day.  So it's easy for me to get my max of 750 points every day! 

It's a great plan and I wish more Officers would do it.  Or are we back to calling us Senior Members?

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: winterg on June 19, 2008, 02:35:38 AM
I didn't get in the Captalk group for the President's Challenge but I have been doing it this summer.  (Is it too late?) I'm working as an archaeologist for the State of Illinois this summer and walking through some awful terrain for 10 hours a day.  So it's easy for me to get my max of 750 points every day! 

It's a great plan and I wish more Officers would do it.  Or are we back to calling us Senior Members?

Never to late to join us.  After you get registered, you can back date 14 days of activity.

Quote from: mikeylikey on June 18, 2008, 10:46:03 PM
I burned myself out.  Too much weekend partying, not enough Starbucks in the mornings, and JAG is on from 7-9AM, and the DVR decides to only record half the time.  So my mornings are shot, I must eat lunch......and then by the time dinner rolls around I am too tired to do anything. 

I post the names and scores only to help motivate, I don't do it to make anyone feel like they give less of an effort.

IOW, no excuses.....

SarDragon

Quote from: winterg on June 19, 2008, 02:35:38 AMOr are we back to calling us Senior Members?

We've never officially not been Senior Members. That advisory letter was intended primarily for external communications, and since HHMNBN is outta here, I think it's largely gone by the wayside.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

winterg

Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on June 19, 2008, 03:34:43 AM
Quote from: winterg on June 19, 2008, 02:35:38 AM

Never to late to join us.  After you get registered, you can back date 14 days of activity.

What's the Group number so I can join?

Nevermind, As soon as I posted this I realized it was probably already on a previous post.  Sorry for the blonde Senior Member momment! 

So what program is everyone here participating in?  Active Lifestyle or Presidential Champions?  Doing the Champions program here.  I'm 44% to my bronze.  Lost over ten pounds the last month.