A CAPTalk President's Challenge

Started by Tubacap, May 18, 2008, 04:07:48 PM

If we were to start a CAPTalk President's Challenge, would you participate?

Yes
37 (71.2%)
No
15 (28.8%)

Total Members Voted: 52

mikeylikey

Champions baby!  We are all Champions in our own way........ :D
What's up monkeys?

Tim Medeiros

Just got my active lifestyle the other day, switching to champions shortly.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

Tubacap

So one of the major problems we face often is hydration.  This extends to exercise, and I hate all forms of getting water that I have had thus far (water bottle, glass, peon...)  However, I just found this Camelbak Better Bottle.  These bottles have the same bite valve as the Camelbak bladders.  Plus they are pressure equalized so no nasty splashback.

I have been drinking a ton more since getting this bottle!
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

Tubacap

I should probably clarify that I only drink water from this bottle.
NER-PA-001

mikeylikey

Quote from: Tubacap on June 22, 2008, 01:39:29 PM

What else is there to drink form a water bottle?   ;D
What's up monkeys?

flyerthom

Quote from: mikeylikey on June 22, 2008, 01:45:42 PM
Quote from: Tubacap on June 22, 2008, 01:39:29 PM

What else is there to drink form a water bottle?   ;D

Water with some fermented barley and hops?
TC

Tubacap

Okay, so two chiropractor visits and my back is feeling a lot better.  I'm down another two pounds for a total of 8 pounds total loss since the start of this.

How is everyone doing?  I've also started not wanting to eat trashy foods... I don't know why, and it is kind of scary, but I'm starting to like things like salads and apples.
NER-PA-001

winterg

Been going 5 weeks now and feeling great.  I've dropped 15 pounds and I'm getting a great tan!  It helps that I log 15 miles or more a day walking in cornfields.  My poor pedometer!

RiverAux

Are you Amish?  Buy a tractor for pete's sake!

mikeylikey

Quote from: winterg on June 27, 2008, 06:24:51 PM
It helps that I log 15 miles or more a day walking in cornfields.

I try to stay out of the cornfields ever since I watched Children of the Corn back in 1987. 
What's up monkeys?

winterg

Quote from: RiverAux on June 27, 2008, 07:32:33 PM
Are you Amish?  Buy a tractor for pete's sake!

LOL  Actually, I'm an archaeologist.  I work for the State of Illinois.  We're currently doing a phase I pedestrian survey for the proposed Route 30 project, collecting surface artifacts and mapping historical and prehistoric sites for excavation ahead of construction.  We've found some interesting things.  Long, hot and dirty days in crappy terrain and crappy weather.  Kinda feels like I'm back on active duty!

Tubacap

^That's cool.  We flew into one of our local airports one time, and the end of the runway was all dug up.  It turns out they were trying to expand the runway, but the archaeological survey found an old Indian village right where they were going to expand.

I don't know if they actually expanded it or not.
NER-PA-001

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: Tubacap on June 28, 2008, 12:36:32 PM
^That's cool.  We flew into one of our local airports one time, and the end of the runway was all dug up.  It turns out they were trying to expand the runway, but the archaeological survey found an old Indian village right where they were going to expand.

Previous experience says do not disturb the natives.
"No sir, I don't know why the wings fall off of airplanes as soon as the fly over the new 18 expansion."

winterg

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on June 28, 2008, 07:36:57 PM
Quote from: Tubacap on June 28, 2008, 12:36:32 PM

Previous experience says do not disturb the natives.
"No sir, I don't know why the wings fall off of airplanes as soon as the fly over the new 18 expansion."

Actually, I can almost guarantee that the construction would go through.  Archaeologists will remove and document everything as best as possible and construction will then proceed.  Even with a site as historically significant as this one:  http://www.archaeology.org/0707/abstracts/istanbul.html  The show must go on. 

It's great when a site is able to be preserved, but unfortunately there is usually no money to preserve or maintain sites and little money to be made from it.  And if we were to preserve every native American site here in the states, it would leave us precious little room to grow.

MIKE

Mike Johnston