Founding Former Squadron Commander dies

Started by brasda91, May 04, 2008, 12:53:52 AM

brasda91

I was notified yesterday that one of the founding senior members of our squadron died early yesterday morning.  Col. Harry Hester was the sqd. cc when I was a cadet in the late 80's.  I thought he was old even then.  ;)  I as I remember him, he really enjoyed the cadets.  Helped us through the tests....more than he should have.  ;)  I haven't talked to him since then.  I left for the Army after h.s. and I believe that is when he left CAP.

I knew this day was going to come.  The one thing I always told myself was that I wanted our cadets to be able to provide a funeral detail if we were asked.  Fortunately, his wife did not ask us to do anything.

The funeral is tomorrow, Sunday May 4 at 1400hrs. The funeral home has reserved seats for CAP behind the pallbearers.  His wife told the funeral home that any forms of sympathy be given to our squadron in the form of donations.  :)  Man!  What an impression CAP must have had on him and his wife!

May the Lord bless his soul.  :angel:
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

Gunner C

Many talk about the "Greatest Generation."  I believe that in CAP we had ours, too.  He obviously had a huge impact on many young minds.

GC