Suggestion for Service Uniform

Started by PACAPSM, November 12, 2005, 06:20:35 AM

Chris Jacobs

I am going to get one of those nice ones any ways, but that is just one more thing you must wear or remember to pack.  i wouldn't forget to put on my orange shirt and i don't have to have it in my pack.  the vest will take up room in my pack however small i may be able to get it and they are all a little bulky no matter how nice of a one you get or how small they are.
C/1st Lt Chris Jacobs
Columbia Comp. Squadron

MIKE

Quote from: Chris Jacobs on November 16, 2005, 03:52:43 PM
I would like to see ES personnel be alloyed to wear blaze orange shirts under their uniform. 

If you are wearing the shirt under the uniform it kind of defeats the purpose because the orange bit would only be exposed at the neck, and thats a pretty small surface area and usefully only somewhat visible from the front.  A better and currently authorized option would be the blaze orange organizational baseball caps that PAWG uses, though I personally like the matching BDU cap better 'cause bright orange hats just look goofy in garrison.

The best possible option I can think of is blaze orange 24 and 72 hour gear, ideally it would also include reflective material for low light or night operations... Wear it over your standard uniform... It's high-vis so you wouldn't have to wear an orange reflective vest over your gear or worse yet end up wearing the vest under your gear 'cause you cant get at your trash with the vest over it.

Mike Johnston

Chris Jacobs

A lot of times in the summer it becomes to hot to wear the blouse anyways.  i know it may not be regs to not wear the BDU blouse but sometimes it is a heat related incident waiting to happen.  if you take of the blouse then you have a orange shirt fully exposed.
C/1st Lt Chris Jacobs
Columbia Comp. Squadron

arajca

PACAPSM

arajca

There would only be one color of epaulets - either blue or grey. Which uniform you wear wouldn't matter.

SarDragon

At this point, I'd just as soon stick with the grey. I'm tired of filling my dresser drawer with obsolete CAP stuff. I started filling it in 1965 or 66, and have added many items since.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Matt

but wouldn't it be nice to be able to take something out for once (even though you are putting something in)
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

SarDragon

The only thing I have in blue and grey is Captain. Since I'm now a Major, I would still need to buy new.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Matt

<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: Matt on November 16, 2005, 03:56:57 PM
Big bulky vests mate?  Nah, ya' gotta find the nice mesh ones that fit into a nice ziploc bag to stay out of the way.

Our unit has the old-school vinal-polimer vests that feel and have the mobility of most modern day flak vests too, but ya' gotta find your own, it's much easier and nicer to spend the $5 to buy one and just have it.

I'm trying to find a nice safety vest to get, and I did, the ones at The Hock Shop... they're the ones with the CAP seal on 'em, but guess what, it says they're banned in California ???. Does anyone know why this is? Also, does anyone know any place that sells the CAP safety vests in or to California?

SarDragon

Quote from: CALcadet144 on November 18, 2005, 01:25:03 AM
Quote from: Matt on November 16, 2005, 03:56:57 PM
Big bulky vests mate?  Nah, ya' gotta find the nice mesh ones that fit into a nice ziploc bag to stay out of the way.

Our unit has the old-school vinal-polimer vests that feel and have the mobility of most modern day flak vests too, but ya' gotta find your own, it's much easier and nicer to spend the $5 to buy one and just have it.

I'm trying to find a nice safety vest to get, and I did, the ones at The Hock Shop... they're the ones with the CAP seal on 'em, but guess what, it says they're banned in California ???. Does anyone know why this is? Also, does anyone know any place that sells the CAP safety vests in or to California?
I have asked around locally and no one seems to know why they say that. If you look in the Yellow Pages for safety equipment, there a number of places that sell vests locally, and in different styles and prices. Cheaper than mail order, too.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: SarDragon on November 18, 2005, 06:19:49 AM
I have asked around locally and no one seems to know why they say that. If you look in the Yellow Pages for safety equipment, there a number of places that sell vests locally, and in different styles and prices. Cheaper than mail order, too.

Heh, I don't even think that Tom at The Hock knows either, from the response I got in an email from him.

Quote from: Tom @ The Hock ShopI am sorry to confirm that indeed those vests are banned in the state of California.  This is a mandate by state law.  I am not sure what the original intent was.  I am sorry I can't be more helpful.

Chris Jacobs

On one of the Cadetstuff forums there was the same discussion about the safety vest and a few guys even did some research into this.  here is the link to the thread.

http://forums.cadetstuff.org/viewtopic.php?t=3912&highlight=safty+vests
C/1st Lt Chris Jacobs
Columbia Comp. Squadron