Is CAP Really Worse than the Air Force in Enforcing Weight Regs?

Started by Eagle400, April 24, 2008, 01:33:57 AM

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: lordmonar on April 27, 2008, 01:34:44 AM
The first sergeant duty is only manned at 50% right now.

Most career fields weigh in at about 85-90% full manning.

They are out sourcing jobs as fast as they can.

They are standing up new squadrons without any blue suit personnel to man them.

They are only assigning 1/2 the necessary admin types to take commander's support staff.

You mean:

Half of all units don't have an SNCO assigned?

All units are missing roughly 10% of their TO&E for Manpower?

We already know the USAF is King of Contracting. (Which in itself makes me hurl)

I don't see how a /CC would put up with a short staff without raising a fit.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

PHall

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on April 27, 2008, 04:39:25 AMHalf of all units don't have an SNCO assigned?

Oh they have a SNCO assigned. But they are usually too busy with their existing workload to have any time to devote to the additional duty of being a First Sergeant.
And, IIRC, if you have more then 100 personnel assigned to the squadron, you have to have a "full time" First Sergeant instead of an "Additional Duty" First Sergeant.

lordmonar

Quote from: PHall on April 27, 2008, 05:17:32 AM
Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on April 27, 2008, 04:39:25 AMHalf of all units don't have an SNCO assigned?

Oh they have a SNCO assigned. But they are usually too busy with their existing workload to have any time to devote to the additional duty of being a First Sergeant.
And, IIRC, if you have more then 100 personnel assigned to the squadron, you have to have a "full time" First Sergeant instead of an "Additional Duty" First Sergeant.

If there is one available to be assinged....otherwise you got an "additional duty" shirt doing it full time while someone else has to pick up the slack.

I know that overseas they want to keep the units manned at about 95%....stateside they can slip to 80% before AFMPC starts to get worried.

Now add to that number how many people are out of pocket filling In-Lieu-Of deployments or normal AEF rotations.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

SAR-EMT1

Are Staffing levels and TO&E this bad in the other Services?
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

mikeylikey

What's up monkeys?

Duke Dillio

In the Army, it was a little different.  There was always a 1SG.  Every once in a while, something would happen, like the 1SG getting removed from command for fighting in San Ju Ri.  The senior platoon sergeant then stepped up, someone below him stepped up, on and on.  IIRC, people almost always wanted to step up and take responsibility.  One of my ARCOM's was for being an acting fire support "NCO" during a fire support team certification.  I was a PFC at the time...  (FSNCO's are generally SSG's)