Should CAP members have BX privileges?

Started by Stonewall, April 18, 2008, 06:12:12 PM

Should CAP members be allowed to shop at AAFES?

Yes, everyone in CAP, all the time.
32 (34.4%)
All members, but only while performing official CAP duties (encampment, NSCASs, Prof Dev.)
8 (8.6%)
No, never, we'd abuse it and screw it up.
12 (12.9%)
BX while on official duty, MCSS 100% of the time, to include online.
41 (44.1%)

Total Members Voted: 93

maverik

Quote from: capchiro on April 19, 2008, 01:26:58 AM
Does it make any difference to the topic, if CAP members are allowed Officer Club provileges??  With the drawdown in size in the military, I would think that the BX's and Commissaries would be looking for the business that CAP members could bring to them.  Don't talk to a veteran about earning it, when he has been there and done that and is now donating his time for free to assist the Air Force.  Anything that the military can extend to us without cost to them should be done.  Some CAP members spend as much time if not more assisting CAP as non-activated reservist and national guardsmen.  And, let's not forget, CAP members are not compensated for a valuable service. 
Uhh I would feel unwelcomed in the officers club not because of rank but because of the civilian status maybe an all ranks club or the enlisted club.
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

mikeylikey

Quote from: colorguard_rifle on April 27, 2008, 10:37:20 PM
Uhh I would feel unwelcomed in the officers club not because of rank but because of the civilian status maybe an all ranks club or the enlisted club.

Why do you think you would feel more "welcomed" in a consolidated mess or an enlisted club? 

Most O-clubs allow Govt civilians membership if they are a GS-7 (or whatever the new system is that equals the old GS-7).  At least all the Posts/ Bases I have been to do. Since CAP members are considered a GS-7 for insurance purposes on AFAM's, I think that could transfer over to joining the club. 

Either way I know many CAP members who have joined the AF club at my local base, and signed up for the Chase mastercard (that doubles as the membership card) and put CAP on the application.     
What's up monkeys?

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: mikeylikey on April 27, 2008, 11:22:00 PM
Most O-clubs allow Govt civilians membership if they are a GS-7 (or whatever the new system is that equals the old GS-7).  At least all the Posts/ Bases I have been to do. Since CAP members are considered a GS-7 for insurance purposes on AFAM's, I think that could transfer over to joining the club.

::Off topic, but...::

It was actually GS-9.

CAPR 900-5:
"14. FECA Benefits. FECA benefits for paid federal employees are computed on a percentage of actual salary. There is a special provision in the FECA law that makes CAP volunteers "federal employees" and "presumes" that the CAP member is paid at a GS 9, Step 1 level"

mikeylikey

^ I sit corrected.  Thank you. 

Even better.....more $$
What's up monkeys?