Main Menu

Jericho

Started by bricktonfire, April 01, 2008, 01:07:41 AM

bricktonfire

how many people here watch or know about the T.V show Jericho

(MODS hope this is not against any rules)
Cody Benac

JayT

Good show man. I sent my share of  nuts when it was cancelled the first time.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

MIKE

It was going downhill the second season anyway.
Mike Johnston

mikeylikey

The network had a good chance to showcase it off during the writers strike, and they blew it.  Too bad, cause I was starting to get hooked on it
What's up monkeys?

Eclipse

Its situations like these why I generally wait for DVD sets before getting hooked on serialized shows.

First, I have the attention span of a gnat, and following all the storylines can be harder than CAP regs, and second is the
left-at-the-alter of not getting a real ending.

I prefer to wait, get the DVDs, and watch the end-to-end.

"That Others May Zoom"

DC

I got hooked on the show recently (thank you CBS for posting full episodes online!). I really hope another network picks up the third season, the ending sucked if it was the end.

I don't understand why viewership was so poor, it was such a good show! Better than all of the reality crap that's on these days...

Tim Medeiros

I have word from a friend that its still showing in Canada, on HBO no less.  I also recently got hooked, though my favorite line in the shows that I saw was ""Son, I don't know what your carrying but whatever it is it better be good, because I think I just declared war on Cheyenne."

http://tinyurl.com/3xftlr
EDIT: shortened URL -TA
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

Walkman

I missed the first season (getting the DVD soon), but loved the 2nd. One of the things I really liked about the show was how it made me think. If we were to have a Constitutional Congress again, what would I do if I were there? Where is the line between loyalty and moral judgment? I had a couple of interesting discussions with my daughter, who has been studying government this year about issue the show brought up.

Favorite character: Major Beck.

bricktonfire

Son, I don't know what your carrying but whatever it is it better be good, because I think I just declared war on Cheyenne."

the air battle was by for the best fight scene i have ever watched

then when the end the show with the MP taking off the ASA flag (which is prettily cool by the way ) and the fact that a new civil war just started was horrible (but that CBS for you) can't wait for a movie or S3 how to god that that SCIFI

GOD BLESS THE ALLIED STATES OF AMERICA ( April Fools)  GOD BLESS THE  INDEPENDENT REPUBLIC OF TEXAS (April Fools) GOD BLESS THE UNTIND STATES OF AMERICA (For Real this time

DC

Quote from: Walkman on April 01, 2008, 04:24:05 PM
Favorite character: Major Beck.
Yeah, I have always liked Beck. Even before he officially renounced the AS he seemed that he hadn't truly embraced their ideas. My favorite character overall from the series was probably Johnston Green though.

Sleepwalker

I wrote a few "nuts" to CBS when they ended the first time, and have wrote a few more since.  It is a show that really gets me to think about things (especially the challenges to my Christian faith):

•   Would I send wandering strangers away who need to eat the food     my family needs?
•   Would I support a new government?
•   Would I make an alliance with thugs so that we could get needed medicines?
•   Would I support the vigilante murder of someone who is a proven risk to society when the Law won't do anything about it?

I also find myself wondering how I would handle my duties as a CAP Officer if I were right there with them – it is not always clear (I do know that I would have been constantly reminding Major Beck of his obligation to "protect and defend the Constitution of the United States" and how some of his orders were in direct conflict with that vow).   

Some of their dilemmas were good MRO exercise material for me on a personal level
A Thiarna, déan trócaire

Sleepwalker

... oops, I meant it is good MLO excercises (MLO: Moral Leadership Oportunity, NOT MRO: Maitaintence, Repair, and Overhaul which is where I work).  Sorry about the typo. 
A Thiarna, déan trócaire

DNall

I really liked that show, hope scifi or someone picks it up. I was really happy in the finale when the Republic of Texas come on strong. The troops were wearing the right patches & everything. Looked like state guard actually. The air battle was crap though. A couple F16s don't just blow F15s away like that, and don't shoot missiles that close and on line with a friendly unless you want to smoke them by accident. I don't remember off hand the paint on the 16s either, but our ANG birds have sweet looking tail paint - one on display right outside my office window. Wish they'd paint the identifier on our apaches that way.