Civil Air Patrol will present colors at Obama town hall

Started by wingnut, March 22, 2008, 05:44:18 PM

mikeylikey

^ Last sentence in the quote two posts up says "restricted in how much..." it does not say prohibited.  PLUS we are chartered by the Congress, we are not some Pharmaceutical firm from California trying to get our deadly pain killers on the market.
What's up monkeys?

LtCol White

Quote from: afgeo4 on March 23, 2008, 06:02:07 AM
Quote from: Gunner C on March 23, 2008, 05:58:23 AM
Quote from: afgeo4 on March 23, 2008, 05:51:11 AM
Quote from: KFreeman on March 22, 2008, 05:52:57 PM
Wingnut,

I would say that it is absolutely a political event.

It will have the appearance of a political endorsement.

Someone is not thinking (or are they?).

Regards,
Ken
Presenting colors at a speech made by a US Senator isn't quite a "political event" and certainly doesn't appear to be any sort of an endorsement.

I'd have to disagree.  Anything that the three remaining candidates do right now is political.  If it involves a camera and two people, it's political.  Cadets being used in such a venue is disturbing.

GC
Nothing personal, but don't you have something more serious to be disturbed about? Cadets properly presenting colors at a US Senator's speech? Really? That's your worst nightmare?

As a DCP, No I don't. If they shouldn't do it then they shouldn't do it. Our regulations prohibit it and so do USAF regulations. Its a violation and the responsibility for it falls on the senior members of their squadron rather than the cadets themselves.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

mynetdude

mikeylikey

What's up monkeys?

wingnut

Well todays the Day

Now we see if the Cadets have any ADULT SUPERVISION

If not

I will like them to come to my Tupperware Party and my local Communist party is having a rally in a park at 2pm.

I now will beat the dead horse. . .

CASH172

After a little research into into other news sources, it seems as if the meeting Senator Obama attended was technically a town hall meeting.  Even though it was a completely Obama campaign event, I'm thinking a person could argue it was technically a regular civic event. 

Also Retired AF Gen. Merrill "Tony" McPeak was present at this same meeting. 

mynetdude

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: CASH172 on March 23, 2008, 06:02:21 PM
After a little research into into other news sources, it seems as if the meeting Senator Obama attended was technically a town hall meeting.  Even though it was a completely Obama campaign event, I'm thinking a person could argue it was technically a regular civic event. 

Also Retired AF Gen. Merrill "Tony" McPeak was present at this same meeting. 
Hes the campaign co-chair for Obama so of course he'd be there.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

pixelwonk