Mistaken for Active Air Force?

Started by 2ltAlexD, March 19, 2008, 08:43:54 PM

mikeylikey

^ haha......  I loved the beef stew too........
What's up monkeys?

nesagsar

I will take a beef stew MRE over GLNTC food any day.

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: nesagsar on March 29, 2008, 09:51:04 PM
I will take a beef stew MRE over GLNTC food any day.

Hmmm... and I thought squiddie food was better in quality than their sister services?  ;D

<-- ex-Air Farce cook... DEATH FROM WITHIN! ;D
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

nesagsar

It was great back in 2002 when I first went there but some time around 2004 they mostly changed over to civilian services for the mess facility. In 02 I loved going up there, everything was good. In 05 there were some things I wouldent go near without orders from the encampment commander, they even changed the milk.

Now as far as Army food is concerned I never want to see those eggs again. Ewww. Air Force potatoes are great, so is the bread. I never got to do anything at Marine facilites but my friend says the food was great in California when he did boot.

AlphaSigOU

Figgers... leave it to silly-vilian contractors to do stuff at the lowest contract price possible and watch the chow quality go straight to hell.

In days of old Navy cooks had an ominous incentive to cook good chow: the crew reserved the right to throw the cook overboard for shark bait if the food sucked. (Or being converted to a practice torpedo on a sub!) Well, it wouldn't really happen that way, but then they wonder why the troops are lining up at the base Booger King instead of the chow hall.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

nesagsar

First time I went to great lakes I was confused as hell when I saw the burger king and taco bell on base.

MIKE

Mike Johnston

addo1

People get me confused no matter where I go.  At Applebees the lady would actually "snap" to attention to take our orders  ;) and at McDonalds the checkout lady was sirrrrring me annoyingly... If people ask, if I am in the AF I say that I am a proud volunteer of the CAP AF Aux.
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

nesagsar

QuoteIf people ask, if I am in the AF I say that I am a proud volunteer of the CAP AF Aux.

The US CAP AF aux?

SarDragon

Quote from: addo1 on April 01, 2008, 10:16:32 PM
  People get me confused no matter where I go.  At Applebees the lady would actually "snap" to attention to take our orders  ;) and at McDonalds the checkout lady was sirrrrring me annoyingly... If people ask, if I am in the AF I say that I am a proud volunteer of the CAP AF Aux.

I get sirrrrred annoyingly in McD's no matter what I'm wearing.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: SJFedor on March 29, 2008, 01:49:29 AM
Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on March 27, 2008, 10:11:25 PM
Ive never been confused for RM and thanked or saluted by anyone or anything good... however...

one day while i was at my job a lady threw a handfull of pepples at me, called me a baby killer and said I should go back to the Marines and not show my faceamong the public. I literally had to run like hell for my engine because she chased me screaming obsenities. Thing is though, I was in a blue station shirt with the SOL and the maltese cross everywhere and black EMS pants. I was also wearing a black ball cap with EMT on it. I live in IL and the closest Marine Barracks is probably in Chicago at NS Great Lakes. Three hours north of me.      ::)

Does IL have state laws that make it a felony to assault a healthcare worker?

IL has a law that makes a felony of assaulting any "public safety official" : Police/Fire/EMS
one of the following two criteria must be met at the time:
1) the person is in uniform and "on the clock" (I was)
2) the person is in the process of discharging their duties (especially applies to vollunteer depts where they might not have a 'uniform' but screwing with them while on a call is still a no-no)

Thing is, IL also doesnt specify that a person be given leave from work to go to court after being assaulted. (though all LE depts will, many fireamd EMS agencies are left sucking hind tit. I used to work with a guy who had a finger that was bit off by a deranged patient. The EMS agency he worked for not only didnt cover 100% of the hospital bill, but also threatened to fire him if he skipped work to attend the trial. As a result the judge let the pt. off scot free.

Proof yet again that EMS truely is the bastard stepchild of public safety.  >:(
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

SSgt Rudin

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on March 30, 2008, 12:38:08 PM
Figgers... leave it to silly-vilian contractors to do stuff at the lowest contract price possible and watch the chow quality go straight to hell.

In days of old Navy cooks had an ominous incentive to cook good chow: the crew reserved the right to throw the cook overboard for shark bait if the food sucked. (Or being converted to a practice torpedo on a sub!) Well, it wouldn't really happen that way, but then they wonder why the troops are lining up at the base Booger King instead of the chow hall.

The cooks on my ship had a really good reason to cook good food, there was a standing order from the Skipper that if the food was sub par you were to come up to the wardroom and let him know, after 3 people came and told him the food was horrible he would send a FSA (someone who is sent from their division to work in the galley for 3 to 4 months) to get an E-3 or below. The skipper would then have the E-3 or below bring him a tray of food from the mess decks. If in his opinion it was sub par the crew got to vote on what was served for the next meal.
SSgt Jordan Rudin, CAP

nesagsar

The problem at great lakes is that they put civies on the mess detail, real sailors would never cook the crap they gave us.

MIKE

Mike Johnston