Main Menu

Everybody OK?

Started by brasda91, February 13, 2008, 05:19:46 PM

BigMojo

Quote from: brasda91 on February 13, 2008, 05:56:33 PM
what, no hurricanes today?   >:D

Naw...just Tornadoes. Hurricanes won't get stirrin' for a another couple months.  :-\
Ben Dickmann, Capt, CAP
Emergency Services Officer
Group 6, Florida Wing

Walkman

Quote from: jimmydeanno on February 13, 2008, 09:18:02 PM
I'll take your mountains and raise you the worst weather on the planet! 

Whoa....

Walkman

Just got a call from Dep Comm. Meeting tonight canceled 'cause of snow.

SarDragon

69 and clear here. Might have to wear a jacket tonight.  >:D
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

alexalvarez

I was in Rio Grande City, Texas last Thursday. It was 101.       
Ch, Lt. Col., Alex Alvarez
Alamo Composite Squadron, Bexar County Squadron, San Antonio, Texas
Group V Chaplain
Mitchell 1967, Earhart 1967, C/ Lt. Col. 1969
Fifty Year Member 2014

tjaxe

Quote from: brasda91 on February 13, 2008, 05:19:46 PM
With the recent severe weather (ice, snow and tornados) that have rolled/are rolling across the states, is everyone doing ok?  Anybody need anything?  Anybody affected by the storms?

Hey, just wanted to send you a shout out of thanks for your offer of help.  That was very nice.

Here just outside of Philly mom-nature is taking turns at throwing us snow, then ice pellets, then torrents of rain, then just for fun a bit more snow to hide the ice underneath.  It's all good though.  (We need a smiley face with a winter hat.)   :)

- Tracey, Captain
Public Affairs Officer, Professional Development, Logistics: NER-PA-160

tjaxe

Quote from: mikeylikey on February 13, 2008, 08:24:15 PM
I need some sunscreen,  I (and the significant other) are going for a week to Puerto Rico.  Looks like mid March is the best time to go, anyone want to join us? 

I am also looking for some friendlies to send me some Care Packages when I get to Afghanistan in a few months!  This will be trip # 2 there.  I hear the second time around in the STAN is better than the first  ;D

What kinda stuff you lookin' for in the care packages?

- Tracey, Captain

Walkman

Quote from: tjaxe on February 14, 2008, 02:40:35 AM
[Here just outside of Philly mom-nature is taking turns at throwing us snow, then ice pellets, then torrents of rain, then just for fun a bit more snow to hide the ice underneath.  It's all good though.  (We need a smiley face with a winter hat.)   :)

Philly! I grew up outside Philly (Bucks County)! Since I left (23 years ago) I've only had one decent cheesesteak...

tjaxe

Quote from: Walkman on February 14, 2008, 02:50:16 AM
[Here just outside of Philly mom-nature is taking turns at throwing us snow, then ice pellets, then torrents of rain, then just for fun a bit more snow to hide the ice underneath.  It's all good though.  (We need a smiley face with a winter hat.)   :)

Philly! I grew up outside Philly (Bucks County)! Since I left (23 years ago) I've only had one decent cheesesteak...

I'm in Chester County.  And cheesesteaks is one reason I'm still here!  Can't find the special kind of grease and goo for a cheesesteak anywhere outside of the region.  Must be the Philly water.   >:D

- Tracey, Captain

SarDragon

Some years ago, I found a place here in Sandy Eggo that had cheese steaks that didn't need a West Coast handicap to properly rate them. They came in at about 8.5/10. The guts were great, but the roll just wasn't quite right.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

mikeylikey

Quote from: tjaxe on February 14, 2008, 02:42:33 AM
I need some sunscreen,  I (and the significant other) are going for a week to Puerto Rico.  Looks like mid March is the best time to go, anyone want to join us? 

I am also looking for some friendlies to send me some Care Packages when I get to Afghanistan in a few months!  This will be trip # 2 there.  I hear the second time around in the STAN is better than the first  ;D

Last time I was there, the Soldiers loved to get magazines (mens health, maxim etc), sunscreen (SPF 45+++) baby wipes, vaseline, real cheap toothbrushes, feminine products, Tastykakes (being from Philly you should understand), travel toiletries, batteries (not sure if those are allowed anymore), paperback books.  Me personally I love toy soldier kits to use for the sand-tables (Walmart, like 3 bucks), chapstick, memory cards filled with music, pens, bug spray, nail polish remover, those eyeglass wipes in individual packets (cause I am forced to wear glasses), cotton swabs, and my favorite.....AAFES POGS to use at the AAFES tent.  I will PM sooner to deployment to remind all of my PAWG friends!
What's up monkeys?

mikeylikey

Quote from: tjaxe on February 14, 2008, 02:53:50 AM
Quote from: Walkman on February 14, 2008, 02:50:16 AM

I'm in Chester County.  And cheesesteaks is one reason I'm still here!  Can't find the special kind of grease and goo for a cheesesteak anywhere outside of the region.  Must be the Philly water.   >:D

Everytime I am in Philly I eat at a place off of Front Street that has the greasiest and biggest cheesesteak I have ever had.  I can barely make it out of that place after I am done eating.  Then I visit my good friend Colgan and watch him eat what he thinks is a cheesesteak in some Philly suburban bar.  Wow......I need to move to Philadelphia!
What's up monkeys?

SarDragon

"Pat's" is where it's at, no matter which one you eat at. I spent almost a month in So Jer last summer, and had steak sandwiches at least twice a week.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

mikeylikey

^ No one in their right mind would venture to Jersey!     >:D
What's up monkeys?

SarDragon

Well, I'm left-handed, so I must be in my right mind.

I lived there for 13 years, and that's where the 'rents settled, so I make the trip periodically. Now, though, it's just Bro and his family.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

tjaxe

Quote from: mikeylikey on February 14, 2008, 03:47:01 AM
Quote from: tjaxe on February 14, 2008, 02:42:33 AM

Last time I was there, the Soldiers loved to get magazines (mens health, maxim etc), sunscreen (SPF 45+++) baby wipes, vaseline, real cheap toothbrushes, feminine products, Tastykakes (being from Philly you should understand), travel toiletries, batteries (not sure if those are allowed anymore), paperback books.  Me personally I love toy soldier kits to use for the sand-tables (Walmart, like 3 bucks), chapstick, memory cards filled with music, pens, bug spray, nail polish remover, those eyeglass wipes in individual packets (cause I am forced to wear glasses), cotton swabs, and my favorite.....AAFES POGS to use at the AAFES tent.  I will PM sooner to deployment to remind all of my PAWG friends!

How do I address the packages (if I want to start sending packages before you get there)?

- Tracey, Captain

mikeylikey

What's up monkeys?

flyerthom

click to enlarge

Snow in the Desert outside Las Vegas:

Rainbow over the Strip:

Mt peak:

TC

JohnKachenmeister

I had enough snow when I was in the Ohio Wing.

I retired from the police department and moved to Florida.  The temperature is in the low 80's during the day and mid-70's at night.  It did rain for a while today.

My house is open to my screened lanai, and a pleasant breeze is coming in off the tropical preserve.

Hurricanes last a day.  Winter lasts forever. 
Another former CAP officer

Pingree1492

QuoteHurricanes last a day.  Winter lasts forever.

Amen!

We seem to be in a never ending winter (Take 2)- at least by recent standards in CO. 

Got a couple of standby pages last Friday (and one actual that lasted all of 5 minutes or so) to support Park County, I assume in a similar manner to the blizzard missions we did last year, but they were called off.  :(
On CAP Hiatus- the U.S. Army is kindly letting me play with some of their really cool toys (helicopters) in far off, distant lands  :)