New Iowa Wing commander Announced

Started by isuhawkeye, December 22, 2007, 04:45:17 AM

CadetProgramGuy

As one of the four members having the "pleasures" of going through the Wing Commander Selection process, I just want to say.....

CONGRATS COL. NICK!!!!!

Sorry to Mrs Col Critelli.....

RiverAux

Congrats to Nick.

Although I'm sure some top-level CAP folks check in here every now and again, none openly post that I'm aware of.  Of course Nick has slacked off a bit here lately, but its interesting that we've got a current wing commander among us.  I wonder if this means we might get even more visibility for some of the topics we're talking about, for example more stuff like the uniform committee thread (though not everything there is a gem, perhaps some useful input went through it). 

Major Carrales

Quote from: RiverAux on December 23, 2007, 01:41:17 PM
Congrats to Nick.

Although I'm sure some top-level CAP folks check in here every now and again, none openly post that I'm aware of.  Of course Nick has slacked off a bit here lately, but its interesting that we've got a current wing commander among us.  I wonder if this means we might get even more visibility for some of the topics we're talking about, for example more stuff like the uniform committee thread (though not everything there is a gem, perhaps some useful input went through it). 

One of "OUR GUYS" finally made it big.  I read he was having surgery, my best wishes to him for a speedy recovery.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

TDHenderson

Outstanding news!  Congrats Lt Col Critelli!  I look forward to serving the State of Iowa under your command.

DNall

Well that's good news, good guy. I thought he was trying to step back from CAP for professional reasons after having played such a critical role helping them achieve all that they have. I hope he's ready for this, I'm sure he is, I've never known him to do anything half-heartedly. That's outstanding news.

SJFedor

First round is on the new Colonel! Congrats!

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Pylon

Congratulations, Colonel.  My best wishes for a productive and successful command!
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

BillB

Congratulations Col Critelli. Having read most of your posts, I think it's refreshing that someone above the pay garde of 99.9% of the people that post here hasshown a level approach to items that members bring up. The Colonel doesn't seem to reflect the "corporate" lock-step that seems the norm on the NB and NEC, but rather an understanding of members concerns and thoughts. Again Congratulation Colonel (if you're not to busy to check in at CAPTalk)
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

flyguy06

Congradulations. I just hoe he deosnt make the whole Wing ES and forget about the cadets

Nick Critelli

Captalk members:

A heartfelt thank you for your expressions of support.  This is a serious undertaking and the gravitas of the responsibility is just starting to set in. Don't worry, this will not be a one vision Wing.  All three  missions, ES, CP and AE are essential.

After reading and posting on Captalk for many years I have coined a new word: CAPassion which expresses the passion we all have for CAP (OK, it sounded good while on pain medication).

It is no secret that I have used Captalk to field test many a concept and based upon the feeding frenzie have made some quick changes. It was a valuable tool.

After the change of command and I become a real corporate officer it would probably not be proper for me to frequently post and give you my comments. Someone might get my personal views confused with my corporate officer role. But rest assured  I will monitor.

I'll leave you with this: Keep the discussion positive and moving forward. Don't throw new ideas out just because they are new and different (we move forward by due diligence and trial and error). And above all be a team player.

CAP is a living organization.  It changes to meet the needs of our community. The theme of my leadership will be:  relevancy   to our constituents,  reliability in our performance and  accountability  to each other.

As always I appreciate your suggestions and comments.

Nick Critelli

A personal note to those cadets out there: Don't ever, never, ever give up. 

Pace

Good luck in your new command, Col Critelli.  Your input will be missed.

Oh, and get well soon (but enjoy the pain meds while you need them  ;) ).

On a side note, I may be moving very close to IAWG next year, but I'm still not sure what happens to field grade officers abducted from squadrons.  Can someone PM me and clue me in (so this thread doesn't get sidetracked).
Lt Col, CAP

ColonelJack

Congratulations, Col. Critelli, and all the best of the holiday season.

And to quote the old radio series ... "You'll be sorrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy!"   :D 

Probably not, of course.  Best of luck!

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Pylon

I forgot to mention, Colonel:  Best of wishes for your surgery as well; may you have a speedy recovery! 
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

SAR-EMT1

Col, you have both my congrats and my condolences. May your term as Commander be successful.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

Nick Critelli

ATTN CAPTALK

Change of Command for IAWG is set for the January WTA at 26 January 2008 at 11:00 CST at the Joint Forces HQ, Iowa National Guard, Camp Dodge, Johnston, IA.  You are ALL cordially invited to attend the ceremony and the January WTA.   Please notify us in advance so arrangements, passes, etc can be made. 

This will be my last CAPTALK posting.  It has been a pleasure working with you.  Rest assured I will be monitoring and learning from your discussions.   

Nick Critelli

RiverAux

The Hawk

Quote from: RiverAux on January 06, 2008, 09:35:03 PM
73?

He's also an Amateur Radio Operator.

To quote the Wikipedia reference:
QuoteAmateur radio operators often use the number 73 as a way of saying "best regards", typically when ending a QSO (a conversation with another ham).  In Morse code, 73 is a palindrome (--··· ···--).
Either you create your future, or you become the victim of the future someone creates for you.
-Vice Admiral Arthur K. Cebrowski, USN (Ret.)

W3ZR

Quote from: The Hawk on January 07, 2008, 12:41:30 AM
He's also an Amateur Radio Operator.

He's not just an Amateur Radio Operator, he is an
Amateur Radio Operator in 2 Countries, the U.K. and the U.S.

Lucky guy, I am only licensed in the U.S. and Canada.    :D
Robert Montgomery, soon to be former Captain, CAP

Johnny Yuma

I just got word that the NCR commander has changed his mind and Nick is not getting the command. Lt. Col. Ron Scheitzach has now been selected to take the helm.

"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

isuhawkeye

An anxious hush falls over the croud