Main Menu

CAP on the Go

Started by RogueLeader, December 06, 2007, 08:04:30 PM

thp

Ok ok, I see your point

Thats is the end of that...

SAR-EMT1

The beret document wouldnt open on my computer. Could someone post it here please?
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

Grumpy

Gad, I remember switching from the white hat to the beret when I was in the AF.
If I'd wanted to wear a beret I'd been born a Frenchman.  YUK  :P

MIKE

Mike Johnston

Nomex Maximus

I only just got to play the song when I got home from work .

I LOVE IT!!!!!!! ( really ! )

I want to propose a regulation that REQUIRES that it be sung at the opening formation of EVERY cadet and composite squadron meeting!!!

(and no, I am NOT joking! (because I am in a Senior squadron)  )

Does anyone have the written words to it? Is it in some ancient CAP reg somewhere?

Nomex Tiberius Maximus
2dLT, MS, MO, TMP and MP-T
an inspiration to all cadets
My Theme Song

AlphaSigOU

We are the C.A.P. we're on the go.
We're always, always, always on the go.
We are ready in peace, ready in war,
Ready for what we're needed for,
The C.A.P. is on the go!

Down on the ground, up in the blue,
Set to protect the living likes of you,
From training cadets to flying patrol,
With air supremacy our goal,
We of the C.A.P. want you to know,
We're always, always, always on the go!

In this land of the free,
We'll protect our liberty,
So feel secure to know,
That the Civil Air Patrol is on the go!
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

jeders

Quote from: Nomex Maximus on December 07, 2007, 12:57:56 AM

I want to propose a regulation that REQUIRES that it be sung at the opening formation of EVERY cadet and composite squadron meeting!!!

Does anyone have the written words to it? Is it in some ancient CAP reg somewhere?

Ok, what are you smoking and why aren't you sharing?

That songs alright for things like encampment where people are already being tortured with monotonous marching and memorization or for out in the field where the words will be changed to something more adult. But let's leave it to those areas.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

RiverAux

Okay, for the last few weeks one of the potential topics floating around in my head was "Why doesn't CAP have a song".  I'm now sorry I had that thought.

♠SARKID♠

As a former music major, 9 year musican, and a lover of band and orchestal music, I am forced to say that that is the worst march I have ever heard in my life... somebody needs to resurrect John Phillip Sousa and have him OVERHAUL that thing!

A.Member

Quote from: Nomex Maximus on December 07, 2007, 12:57:56 AM

Now we know why polls will never show 100% agreement on anything.  Ugh.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

sparks

If this song is NHQ and the Air Force's answer for retention and growth we're all doomed.  It was OK in the movie and a top ten hit many many years ago but it's not what CAP needs. Maybe we can sing the song as we taxi out in our tailwheeled Maules (the next step in this progression). Of course we'd wear a beret and silk scarf.

JCW0312

Wow. That was truly awful. I wasn't going to post on the topic, but I listened to it 11 hours ago and it has been haunting my head ever since. Someone make it stop!!
Jon Williams, 2d Lt, CAP
Memphis Belle Memorial Squadron
SER-TN-144

Duke Dillio

^To make music stop, hold 9mm to head and apply slight pressure to the trigger.  Please ensure that weapon is loaded.

Gunner C

The last time I heard that song was about 1968 when I was a cadet officer.  We heard that in a cadet staff meeting.  After it ended there was nothing but crickets.   :P  We didn't know what to say.  Our squadron commander quietly put the recording away and we never heard it again.

That must have been some USAF Lt's pet project or something - NO ONE in their right mind would ever think that song would cause pride in the ranks.  (It's in my mind and it won't stop). 

[Queue music] . . . Transformers - more than meets the eyes. :D [/music]

There, that's better.  ;D

JohnKachenmeister

I still think there is ONE line that isn't bad in that song.

"Ready in peace, ready in war; ready for what we are needed for."

WAY better than "More than meets the skies" and a lot better than "Missions for America."

Another former CAP officer

JCW0312

Quote from: sargrunt on December 07, 2007, 01:44:55 PM
^To make music stop, hold 9mm to head and apply slight pressure to the trigger.  Please ensure that weapon is loaded.

If I ever hear that song again, I just might...
Jon Williams, 2d Lt, CAP
Memphis Belle Memorial Squadron
SER-TN-144

Nomex Maximus

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on December 07, 2007, 02:53:53 PM

WAY better than "More than meets the skies" and a lot better than "Missions for America."

Oh, come on you all. It's a song about CAP. You want better? Write a better song then.

"Ready in peace, ready in war; ready for what we are needed for." Unfortunately, in what I am seeing in some aspects of CAP that really isn't what some people want. I'd like to see CAP as an increasing emergency service organization ready to do "whatever". However, a lot of what I get seems to be that management wants us to limit ourselves to marching cadets around and finding ELTs.

Maybe we need to make MANAGEMENT listen to this song...

Nomex Tiberius Maximus
My Theme Song

A.Member

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on December 07, 2007, 02:53:53 PM

I agree the words you selected above would make for a better motto or whatever you want to call it but then again so would many others ("More than Meets the Skies" is almost as bad as this song).  That's a bit off topic though (I think there's another thread for that topic already).

Since I've chimed in again, let me reiterate one more time how truly awful that song is - the quicker it disappears, the better off we will all be. :)
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Nomex Maximus

Quote from: A.Member on December 07, 2007, 03:31:38 PM
. . .
Since I've chimed in again, let me reiterate one more time how truly awful that song is - the quicker it disappears, the better off we will all be. :)

It will never disappear, now that *I* have a copy... hehe... it will keep coming up... and up... and up... hehehehe....
Nomex Tiberius Maximus
My Theme Song

jeders

Quote from: Nomex Maximus on December 07, 2007, 03:25:19 PM
Maybe we need to make MANAGEMENT listen to this song...

Yes, that's how we'll make sure that our demands are met, we'll make national listen to this song 'til they do what we want.  >:D >:D >:D
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse