2008 Oregon Wing Encampment

Started by SGT Dusty, November 26, 2007, 06:26:02 PM

SGT Dusty

I have been selected to serve as the Commandant of Cadets for 2008's summer encampment, and in order to assure a fair and equitable cross section of cadet staff members I would like your assistance in disseminating the following information to the cadet staff members in your respective units.  We are currently looking for qualified Cadet Staff to fill the following positions:

Cadet Commander & Deputy Commander:
Previous command experience and the Grade of C/Capt or higher is preferred, however all Cadet Officer applications will be reviewed

Cadet Executive Officer:
Grade of C/1st Lt or higher is preferred.

Cadet First Sergeant:
Grade of C/MSgt-C/CMSgt

Cadet Flight Commander:
Grade of C/2d Lt or above

Cadet Flight Sergeant:
Grade of C/SSgt or above

Cadet Public Affairs Officer

Cadet Administrative Officer

Cadet Food Services Supervisor

Executive staff will reserve the right to solicit Cadet staff members should we not receive enough qualified applicants to fill key positions.

Cadets interested in serving in encampment staff positions will follow the below procedure:

Send an email to:  adam.b.carroll@comcast.net and include the following information:

Full Name
CAPSN
Home unit (w/ Wing if applicable)
Telephone
Unit CC's Name & email
Position  applying for
CAP Experience
Relevant Qualifications
Experience you expect to gain from serving
Full Resume

Then complete a CAPF 31 and mail it to:

Major Scott A. Hall, CAP

4311 SE Inlet Ave

Lincoln City, Oregon  97367

Applications must be postmarked no later than 5 December 2007!

All staff applicants will need to attend staff selection, December 14th-16th at the Oregon Military Academy details below:

Sign In Time:  1600 hrs 14 DEC 07

(Those unable to make this time should contact Commandant)

Sign Out Time:  1600 hrs  16 Dec 07
Cost:  $15  (Covered if you have already sent in $160 fee for staff)

Bring:  Sleeping bag, towels, BDUs/Blues and other necessary items from the encampment-packing list

I sincerely look forward to hearing from all interested parties, together we will be able to make this year's encampment something to be truly proud of.

Adam B. Carroll, Capt, CAP
Commandant
2008 ORWG Encampment

mikeylikey

What's up monkeys?

SGT Dusty

The cost this year is $160 and we are accepting applications from everywhere, obviously with Oregon being a priority and then PACR, so if you or someone you know is interested, drop me a line, and we'll get you hooked up

iniedrauer

Pylon

Quote from: sgtniedrauer on November 27, 2007, 05:28:26 PM
So this Encampment is a weekend?

Re-read the post.  The weekend is a staff selection workshop that many encampments hold prior to encampment for anybody interested in serving on the encampment staff (cadet or senior).  It varies of course from the wing to wing, but the concept is the same.

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP