Main Menu

New user name

Started by shorning, August 01, 2005, 08:56:42 PM

shorning

Okay, I'll admit it.  When it comes to thinking up catch user names, I suck.  And not just user names for forums or websites either.  I can't even come up with an original e-mail address.  "So what?", you ask?  Well, I'm looking for suggestions.  I know some of you here are familiar with me.  Others are not.  Either way, I'm looking for input.  So let me hear what you've got.

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

shorning

Quote from: SarDragon on August 02, 2005, 12:02:45 AM
Spook.   Sez it all.

Well, two problems.  First, it implies an undercover agent, which I'm not.  Secondly, it's just my job.  Unfortunately, I've never picked up a callsign or I'd use that.

fronzz

How bout Steveyhorning56?
C/Amn Peter Hibma
CAP

shorning

fronzz

C/Amn Peter Hibma
CAP

JCSCADET

shorning

Quote from: JCSCADET on September 12, 2005, 08:50:00 PM
heres on
COL_HORNING

Um...no.  I don't think my rank is all that important.  In fact it only means something to other CAP members.

dwb

What's wrong with shorning? :)

I've had to come up with several user names, mostly because I have this thing about not using the same handle on two different forums (I've broken the rule, and it's a stupid rule, but I still hold myself to it).

Some suggestions:

• Nicknames, even if it's an old one no one uses anymore.  For example, my old squadron commander's wife used to call me Generalisimo when I was a young cadet.
  • Literary characters from fiction books you like.  If you really enjoyed The Da Vinci Code, you could use Langdon or Teabing.
  • Similar suggestion for favorite movie characters.  Ruprect is a user name in my queue for future use, after a character Steve Martin played in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.  I once used Commander Cool, which was a nickname Homer Simpson said he had in an episode of The Simpsons
  • My user name here is from the Metroid Nintendo games.  Justin Bailey was a well-known "cheat code" (not really a cheat, but I digress...) in the original Metroid game.
  • Terminology from hobbies you might have.  For example, if you're a beekeeper, well, beekeeper makes a pretty good user name!  Or something related to beekeeping.

These are just some ideas that have worked for me.