Main Menu

Updating AFIADL Courses

Started by SAR-EMT1, October 30, 2007, 07:15:03 PM

SAR-EMT1

Does anyone know of hte "Official way" to request an update to these courses?

Generally speaking my question is this: is there a way a few well meaning CAP members can request the dubious honor of updating a given course?

- The Air Force send them the booklets, the SMs crank up a revision on the computer, print it off and send it back to AFIADL for printing. --

... or something like that.

Or is there a person at NHQ that can assign out such work?
I could update something like CAPSOC in a week and have it back to Maxwell in 10 days. I wouldnt need any reimbursment and it would be an interesting diversion from my usual day.

Intelligent comments/suggestions welcome.

C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

mamadinos

It would be so nice to have the textbooks in electronic form (PDF).  Most of the pictures in the CAPSOC (AFIADL 013) were blackened from many bad printings.  A  higher quality color product would speak volumes to the new members taking the course.  It would also save the Air Force a bundle in printing and postage.
Michelle King, 1Lt, CAP
DCS, DO, SPO, ESO
Barksdale Comp. Sq.
SWR-LA 005

Fifinella

What about contacting the PD folks at Nat'l?  You can find their data at eServices, click on contact us link at top.  I'm sure Nat'l would have to coordinate with the AF on this, since they are AFIADL courses.
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

IceNine

Re-write it, and send it to your wing commander, and so on.  You'll have to get a corporate officer to initiate a change
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

arajca

If you go to the AFIADL website and click on "Writer/Manager", you'll find information on how to update and develop AFIADL courses, including Word templates and instructions so the end product meets the publication requirements for AFIADL.

SAR-EMT1

Good suggestions all, thanks.

Does anyone know of any CAP folk that have previously participated in such a project?
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

O-Rex

Quote from: mamadinos on October 30, 2007, 07:23:52 PM
It would be so nice to have the textbooks in electronic form (PDF).  Most of the pictures in the CAPSOC (AFIADL 013) were blackened from many bad printings.  A  higher quality color product would speak volumes to the new members taking the course.  It would also save the Air Force a bundle in printing and postage.

I hate to say this because I'm real active in PD, but CAPSOC (AFIADL) is like the mumps or chickenpox, you survive it, and then you don't have to go through it again.

I know people who submitted great PD stuff (myself included) only to suffer the same fate as Indiana Jones's Ark: it gets stashed away along with everything else that folks submit, and never sees the light of day.

. . . . . . or you can post it on a blog, where folks can actually use it  >:D

Seriously, I've found some gems here.

Tim Medeiros

There was discussion near the end of the NEC meeting yesterday that they are working on developing a new version of AFIADL 13, that is controlled by NHQ and not AFIADL, 3 modules and and completely online.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

RiverAux

That would be great.  As it is the hassle and slowness of the AFIADL system do nothing but hurt us in this area. 

Tim Medeiros

Also interesting things I noted from that same presentation,

Pass rate is 42%
Fail rate is 4%
Dis-enrollment for non-completion rate is 54%
1577/2811

Cecil DP

It was my understanding that quite a few of the CAP courses including the CAP Officers Course are written by ACSC students as class or seminar projects.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

RiverAux

God help the AF then if that was the best they could do. 

ammotrucker

Anyone familar with FLWG that would know how to apply of the 2130D emergency services course. 

I know where to apply but the question is who is the autherizing Officer for Wing that needs placed on the form
RG Little, Capt

Tim Medeiros

You can just put your unit commander, this hasn't failed for me yet.
1577/2811

Ricochet13

Quote from: RiverAux on November 03, 2007, 06:09:14 PM
That would be great.  As it is the hassle and slowness of the AFIADL system do nothing but hurt us in this area. 

We just ordered enrollments for 5 members from 2 different squadrons.  Tests and books arrive in seven days.  And, direct inquiries were answered the same day.  This has been my experience with the folks at AFIADL since I joined four years ago.