November NEC Meeting - NCO Corps

Started by Cecil DP, October 25, 2007, 12:14:35 PM

wingnut

I HAVE NEWS FOR THE RANTEE

Air Force Officers working with CAP officer see us Wearing the US Air Force uniform with a very slight modification. If you are on a U. S. Military base YOU WILL BE SALUTED because from 5 feet you cannot  see much distinction except Captains Bars on the uniform. Now with that said, I have worked and continue to work with the USAF, US Army, US Navy while in CAP on CAP operations and they sometimes look much worse than some of us.

If you don't think it is a USAF Uniform, then I ask you why does it go through the USAF for any modification and Approval and must meet USAF regulations as well.
But hey, we seem to be distancing ourselves from the USAF so lets just all become Airline Pilots, or wear grey pants and a blue golf shirt.

As the Commander of Northcom said in a news conference about the Military assets used for fire support in California, two weeks ago, He was using as many Title 10 assets (That's USAF Reserve, National Guard, and CAP) under his command as possible (We were activated for the mission the next day)

When you are wearing the CAP USAF uniform (You may call it Style) your wearing the Uniform of the USAF Auxiliary and under the Command of the USAF while on an AFAM mission. We may not be under the UCMJ, and not Commissioned, we are expected to conduct ourselves with the same customs and courtesies of a Military Officer, while in uniform.

Sorry I rant, comes from being a former cadet. I would like to see the waffle stop

AUX on AUX off

That reminds me I have to get a Haircut before our meeting

Short Field

Quote from: wingnut on November 06, 2007, 04:33:17 AM
If you don't think it is a USAF Uniform, then I ask you why does it go through the USAF for any modification and Approval and must meet USAF regulations as well.  But hey, we seem to be distancing ourselves from the USAF so lets just all become Airline Pilots, or wear grey pants and a blue golf shirt.

The US Coast Guard wears the same style and shade blue shirt and pants but with different insignia - I don't think they believe they are wearing a USAF uniform.    I also use to be very familiar with AFR 35-10 or whatever it is called today and I don't remember a section on CAP uniforms in it.   From previous discussions and USAF decisions, the USAF seem to be very concerned with making sure USAF personnel can tell the difference between the USAF and CAP.  Most CAP proposals seem to want to blur the difference.  A CAP uniform is a CAP uniform - gray pants or USAF style.  The gray slacks just make it easier to tell the difference at a distance. 

As the Commander of Northcom said in a news conference about the Military assets used for fire support in California, two weeks ago, He was using as many Title 10 assets (That's USAF Reserve, National Guard, and CAP) under his command as possible (We were activated for the mission the next day)

Title 10 defines the US Armed Forces.  CAP is defined under Title 10 (Chapter 909) as a federally chartered nonprofit corporation and is defined as a volunteer civilian auxiliary of the Air Force.  Civilian is not Military.  CAPR 20-1 defines CAP and its members as an instrument of the US for the purpose of civil liability while performing authorized missions for the USAF.  CAP is NOT part of the military.

When you are wearing the CAP USAF uniform (You may call it Style) your wearing the Uniform of the USAF Auxiliary and under the Command of the USAF while on an AFAM mission.

Exactly - the uniform of the USAF Auxiliary, not the uniform of a USAF Captain.    Per CAPR 60-3, CAP resources remains within the CAP at all times with the CAP IC or AL exercising full authority over all CAP personnel  for matters pertaining to the mission - even AFAM.  We don't fall under the Command of the USAF, we just get assigned missions - which we can turn down.

We may not be under the UCMJ, and not Commissioned, we are expected to conduct ourselves with the same customs and courtesies of a Military Officer, while in uniform.

No issue there.  I will conduct myself with the same customs and courtesies of a Military Officer, in or out of uniform, until the day I die. 

SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Short Field

But this has nothing to do with a NCO Corps.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

DrJbdm

Quotethe USAF seem to be very concerned with making sure USAF personnel can tell the difference between the USAF and CAP

Actually it seems to be the other way around, Members such as you ShortField who want to see a difference so great that you can tell who's a USAF Officer from at least 500 paces away. I don't believe the Air Force is pushing us to have all that great a distinction, it's our own members. Not too many years ago our uniforms where ALMOST indistinguishable from a regular Air Force Officers uniform, and it may happen yet again in our future. None of us know what the future holds for us, the future takes many twists and turns along the way.

You may not believe that CAP is military or that CAP should be military and while technically true, we may not be. But I ask you this: How many other non-profit benevolent civilian organizations ever went to war against a foreign Nations military force? ?  While CAP today may not be all that close to what we used to be we are still very much rooted in our beginnings as a military force.

MIKE

Mike Johnston