Main Menu

Show Yourself!

Started by BigMojo, October 24, 2007, 01:32:21 AM

Flying Pig

There is nothing funnier than a dope dog sitting next to a pile of weed chewing on his toy!  A true window into the mindset of the land shark.

DNall

alamrcn

That's a lot of AH-64s back there! Where you at, Mother Rucker?

And hey, don't go near any Burdock plants with those big swatches of loop-Velcro.

-Ace

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

mikeylikey

DNALL you will look so much better with either a gold bar or a warant officer bar in place of that ugly "OCS" Velcro !   :)

What's up monkeys?

DNall

Tell me about it. Aug is so close yet so far away.

That's 7-6 Air Cav in Conroe actually. We did a cadet ALS there, PT'd around the birds, pretty cool. I'm assigned to 1-149 ARB at Ellington, which is also Apaches.

Fifinella

Quote from: alamrcn on March 14, 2008, 08:23:40 PMhey, don't go near any Burdock plants with those big swatches of loop-Velcro.

-Ace

Didn't they remove a bunch of velcro from Gemini because of the fire hazard?  I'm just sayin'...did anyone consider that before they launched the new utility uniforms?  >:D ;D
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

DNall

yeah... shh quiet so they don't hear us, hold on let me get my map, CRRRRSH!!! Ah crap.  :-\
Don't get me started on ACUs. Some features are awesome, some are absolutely stupid.

Hawk200

Quote from: DNall on March 15, 2008, 08:55:36 AM
yeah... shh quiet so they don't hear us, hold on let me get my map, CRRRRSH!!! Ah crap.  :-\
Don't get me started on ACUs. Some features are awesome, some are absolutely stupid.

Give it a few years, D. Talked to someone recently that met with a Propper rep. Apparently, the Army has been speaking with Propper on a redesigned uniform, due to the general dissatisfaction with the ACU.

Couple of things were discussed. Eliminating the Mandarin collar, redesigning the chest pockets, new pattern on the pants. Biggest thing is that it will most likely be in MultiCam.

Quote from: Fifinella on March 15, 2008, 05:34:26 AMDidn't they remove a bunch of velcro from Gemini because of the fire hazard?  I'm just sayin'...did anyone consider that before they launched the new utility uniforms?  >:D ;D

Velcro isn't really a fire hazard in itself. Biggest issue is the melting to you. The Velcro on the Aircrew ACU is designed to be extremely high temp resistant. Anything that will melt the Velcro will melt you too.

DNall

Quote from: Hawk200 on March 15, 2008, 08:18:04 PM
Quote from: DNall on March 15, 2008, 08:55:36 AM

Give it a few years, D. Talked to someone recently that met with a Propper rep. Apparently, the Army has been speaking with Propper on a redesigned uniform, due to the general dissatisfaction with the ACU.

Couple of things were discussed. Eliminating the Mandarin collar, redesigning the chest pockets, new pattern on the pants. Biggest thing is that it will most likely be in MultiCam.
That's the rumors. I really got no porb with velcro closure on the shoulder & ankle pockets. The outer pocket where the patches go though shouldn't be. As you know, that sticks to everything & everyone. Go back to sewn on, including badges. Chest pockets aren't real useful no matter what the design, but if they're going to be there then slash pockets (like now) with zipper closure like flight suits, and extent the top so it rides the bottom of the branch/name tapes. Far as the collar, I could go for back to traditional & move the grade back up along with branch insignia, that'd be popular. Or, I could go with a redesign on the mandarin collar so it looks right in garrison config.

And multi-cam, man that would be way better. Gonna piss off the AF though. They made their uniform dif than ours but same basic color pallet so it kind of blends, and now we're talking about going to another dissimilar pallet. Yeah nice. Just for the love of God could everyone agree on one boot color we can all use. There's gotta be better things to waste the taxpayers dollars on.

mikeylikey

^ Seems the AF was the only service that has gone to something other than TAN boots.  That just means their boot costs are more than ours.  So, silly move on their part!

As far as bringing back branch insignia, I have been saying that since 03 when Army times ran the first pictures of the ACU's.

I would love to get patches, badges and insignia sewn on instead of Velcro.  Velcro is just plain crazy.  Honestly, the only thing that I have changed on my ACU's is the rank insignia and current unit patch.  Sewn on looks so much better. 

I would keep the mandarin collar though.  I have found it usefull, as I am sure others who have spent time in Iraq/AFGH do.
What's up monkeys?

DNall

Yeah I'm not saying get rid of it (the collar), just it can be changed slightly to make it better for both purposes. However, if that new under the armor shirt takes off, I could see a garrison version of the ACU top & that other thing have the mand collar. Who knows.

One of the things I really hate about velcro... when branch tapes are stuck down in the middle, but sticking out on the end. It looks like crap & catches on stuff. Annoying as hell. That & ending up plus or minus a flag when you pass someone in a hallway. It's freakin stupid. I don't even know why every service has to have their own utility uniform, that's the dumbest thing I ever heard, but different boots? That's psychotic.

mikeylikey

Quote from: DNall on March 15, 2008, 10:25:56 PM
I don't even know why every service has to have their own utility uniform, that's the dumbest thing I ever heard, but different boots? That's psychotic.

I can't agree with you more.  Save tax dollars and use one utility.  On the boot issue, Marines are in tans, Army is in Tans, is the navy using tan boots (I think so), so why couldn't USAF also wear tan boots?  Are they better than everyone else?  I could see if they went with a blue boot (that whole Air Force blue thing), but come on!  They are only hurting themselves in the long run.  Their boots will cost so much more because less of them are being produced.  I think a highschool economics class will teach you that!

What's up monkeys?

DNall

Blue boots? Sounds more umpa loompa than Air Force. And, blue suede boots? Just, no, okay, no. I'm not saying I like tan, I do like not shining them, and my issues are extremely comfortable, but we really all need to be in the same boots. Freakin truman got famous in the senate during WWII for something about like that IIRC. Need a little more of that in congress.

NHQ-OS-126 Frank

There is an article about our squadron in the new edition of the CAP volunteer magazine....and there was a picture of me in there........ Just wanted to share it here as the title of the forum is: Show yourself.

Deputy commander
Aerospace Education Officer
NHQ-OS-126 Spangdahlem AB
Germany
www.facebook.com/capspangdahlem
LX1MG

mikeylikey

^ Are you missing your rank slides?
What's up monkeys?

NHQ-OS-126 Frank

That's what I thought too....but they cut this picture out of a big one and I think the quality then was not so good anymore and they cut it between the CAP and the yellow bar so maybe thought that the picture looks better like this..........
Deputy commander
Aerospace Education Officer
NHQ-OS-126 Spangdahlem AB
Germany
www.facebook.com/capspangdahlem
LX1MG

Hill CAP

Ok so it was a test run for my Photo ID but its still the newest I have.
Justin T. Adkinson
Former C/1st Lt and SM Capt
Extended Hiatus Statues

MIKE

Not wearing a t-shirt under the uniform is not advisable, particularly for an ID photo.
Mike Johnston

Eagle400

Quote from: MIKE on March 17, 2008, 03:46:44 AM
Not wearing a t-shirt under the uniform is not advisable, particularly for an ID photo.

Especially if you're featured in the uniform manual:

Note to self: put on t-shirt before the service shirt.

Photo found in figure 2-3, page 18.

Hill CAP

Quote from: CCSE on March 17, 2008, 05:24:46 AM
Quote from: MIKE on March 17, 2008, 03:46:44 AM

Especially if you're featured in the uniform manual:

Note to self: put on t-shirt before the service shirt.

Photo found in figure 2-3, page 18.

the bad thing is I know and respect that man very much he is a Lt Col with Coastal Charleston now he was at Langley Sq when that was taken the SC patch was shopped
Justin T. Adkinson
Former C/1st Lt and SM Capt
Extended Hiatus Statues