Main Menu

Show Yourself!

Started by BigMojo, October 24, 2007, 01:32:21 AM

NIN

"I am the best Martian botanist in my office.."
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

LATORRECA

Quote from: Eclipse on December 25, 2016, 08:08:25 PM

http://www.ruggedradios.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_11&products_id=1

Yeaaaah Buddy!   Gonna do my part this CY to bring those AFAM numbers up!

How are they? Looking foward for some still looking in the market. Like the price range. How's quality.

Carlos

Eclipse

Quote from: LATORRECA on December 25, 2016, 10:24:46 PM
How are they? Looking foward for some still looking in the market. Like the price range. How's quality.

I can't say for sure until I get into a plane, but they feel like a tank, more so even then the venerable Dave Clarks.
They appear to take the term "rugged" seriously.

Passive noise cancellation seems great, they fit my huge cranium with room to spare, and the secondary
audio input seems to work fine (this will be great for everything from Tangerine Dream to more likely, monitoring a second
radio).

If they turn out to be as good as they appear to be after a flight test, we will probably buy a couple of these for the squadron
to avoid the "headset dance" every time cadets or new aircrew fly.

"That Others May Zoom"

etodd

Quote from: Eclipse on December 27, 2016, 02:09:01 AM
..... (this will be great for everything from Tangerine Dream to more likely, monitoring a second
radio).

Wow.  Take me back to the '70s. Pioneer amp pushing some JBLs with 15" woofers. Sitting in the dark and Tangerine Dream taking me places for hours on end.

So long ago ....
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

etodd

OK, I'll brag on myself a little. Passed my first Form 91 today, so I'm officially a Mission Pilot now. Took 16 months since I joined, of waiting for this step and then another, and then another .... but it all paid off. :)
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

ProdigalJim

Quote from: etodd on February 10, 2017, 09:43:42 PM
OK, I'll brag on myself a little. Passed my first Form 91 today, so I'm officially a Mission Pilot now. Took 16 months since I joined, of waiting for this step and then another, and then another .... but it all paid off. :)

Congrats! That's always a big milestone. And depending on your Wing's ops tempo, it can triple your time commitment! :-)
Jim Mathews, Maj., CAP
Commander, VAWG Group 3
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

Toad1168

Quote from: Eclipse on December 27, 2016, 02:09:01 AM
Quote from: LATORRECA on December 25, 2016, 10:24:46 PM

I can't say for sure until I get into a plane, but they feel like a tank, more so even then the venerable Dave Clarks.
They appear to take the term "rugged" seriously.

Passive noise cancellation seems great, they fit my huge cranium with room to spare, and the secondary
audio input seems to work fine (this will be great for everything from Tangerine Dream to more likely, monitoring a second
radio).

If they turn out to be as good as they appear to be after a flight test, we will probably buy a couple of these for the squadron
to avoid the "headset dance" every time cadets or new aircrew fly.

So what's the verdict on the Rugged headset?  Inquiring minds want to know.
Toad

Eclipse

Quote from: Toad1168 on February 14, 2017, 06:51:07 PM

So would I.  I had an opportunity to test them today and possibly fly the return leg
after O-rides and when I went to the spot they should have been, the cupboard was bare.

Valhalla heard the expletives, and at this point they are still AWOL.  I am hopeful they are "in a pile"
or someone in the house "put them away for me" (as people do), but as of right now, quite literally NO JOY.

!@#$%!

"That Others May Zoom"

Toad1168

Quote from: Eclipse on February 19, 2017, 03:44:33 AM
Quote from: Toad1168 on February 14, 2017, 06:51:07 PM

So would I.  I had an opportunity to test them today and possibly fly the return leg
after O-rides and when I went to the spot they should have been, the cupboard was bare.

Valhalla heard the expletives, and at this point they are still AWOL.  I am hopeful they are "in a pile"
or someone in the house "put them away for me" (as people do), but as of right now, quite literally NO JOY.

!@#$%!

;D ;D
Toad

Eclipse

Watch out NATCAPWG - Eclipse is in the house!!!

(Could it be just a little hotter?  Seriously?)

"That Others May Zoom"

dwb

Quote from: Eclipse on May 18, 2017, 11:13:28 PM(Could it be just a little hotter?  Seriously?)

Tell me about it!

A few days ago it was nice. Now it is just oppressively hot. The thermometer in my car read 100 today. :-\

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: dwb on May 19, 2017, 12:10:22 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on May 18, 2017, 11:13:28 PM(Could it be just a little hotter?  Seriously?)

Tell me about it!

A few days ago it was nice. Now it is just oppressively hot. The thermometer in my car read 100 today. :-\

It's 44 today in Chicago after 80s yesterday!

zippity

Quote from: Eclipse on May 18, 2017, 11:13:28 PM
Watch out NATCAPWG - Eclipse is in the house!!!

(Could it be just a little hotter?  Seriously?)

Waving hello from VAWG, and yes this is what happens when you build a big city in a swamp.  :D  Temps are supposed to be cooler tomorrow.

Eclipse

10° in Chi-Town, steaks are done, time for some movies...

Have a great and prosperous New Year everyone, whatever that means to you and wherever you are!

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

husker

Eclipse, you're from Chicago?  Guess I didn't know that.

One of my favorite towns to visit (wouldn't want to live there).   Huge Blackhawks fan as well.
Michael Long, Lt Col CAP
Deputy Director, National Emergency Services Academy
nesa.cap.gov
mlong (at) nesa.cap.gov

darkmatter

Didint know this was a topic kinda need

vorteks

MrsRoe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just a new SM and mom of a CAP kid trying to figure it out one acronym at a time