Poll: Which Wing has the most CAPtalk users?

Started by Lancer, October 04, 2007, 08:36:09 PM

Which Wing has the most CAPtalk users?

Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming
Washington D.C.
Puerto Rico
Overseas

Tim Medeiros

From FL, more elderly per square mile than the number of hurricanes since 1872.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

JAFO78

Quote from: timmed1577 on October 08, 2007, 04:15:48 AM
From FL, more elderly per square mile than the number of hurricanes since 1872.

Thanks for your comment there sonny boy. Now go run along to Walgreens and get my meds.......
JAFO

Psicorp

Quote from: Lancer on October 04, 2007, 11:41:31 PM
Ok folks...I said what makes your 'wing' unique.... not your state...

but since you mention it.... ya the Red Wings are pretty darn AWESOME.  ;D

Umm...home Wing of the future National CC?
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

dwb

New York seems to be under-represented for its size.

We get bonus points for being home to one of the CAP Talk co-admins, though. :)

Johnny Yuma

Kansas just stepped in.

The state that brought you Amelia Earhart, Cessna, Beech and Stearman/Boeing aircraft, Barry Sanders, R. Lee Ermey, the rock band Kansas, Chely Wright, Martina McBride, Joe Walsh, Melissa Etheridge, Clint Bowyer, Dennis Hopper, Don Johnson, Elvira (mistress of the dark), Dennis the Menace, Clark Kent, Dorothy, Toto and 100 more tornadoes than any other state had last year.

We are willing to trade off Fred Phelps, the BTK killer, Creepy Karpis and Christie Alley to another Wing, just make an offer.
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

ol'fido

I am from the Southern Illinois Wing. Actually they don't like us to make jokes about Chicago Wing and the rest of us. ;D ;D

As of yesterday, only the wing HQ is now in Chicago(well, Dupage). The state capital is moving back to Springfield. Good move, Pat.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

BuckeyeDEJ

Another Florida Wing member in the house. And like most Floridians, I'm not a native. Half the state's population is Yankees, and a majority on the west coast is....

... from the state that gave the world the Wright Brothers, eight presidents, professional football, Arby's, Wendy's, Arthur Treacher's, Harvey Firestone, Thomas Edison, the tire industry, garage door openers, Taylorcraft airplanes, the scarlet carnation, Bob Hope, Drew Carey, Fred Willard, Martin Mull, Molly Shannon, Halle Berry, Martin Sheen's wife, Perry King, Jamie Farr, the Warner Brothers (of movie fame), Devo, Chrissie Hynde and the Pretenders, Bone Thugs 'n' Harmony, Macy Gray, Neil Armstrong, John Glenn, Dean Martin, Traci Lords, Jerry Springer, Smucker's, Longaberger baskets, Jeffrey Dahmer and more.

That's right -- OHIO. "The Heart Of It All."

It's also the "Birthplace of Aviation." North Carolina, those moochers, took the cheap, easy way out. They just had the weather for a first-ever manned airplane flight. Everything before Dec. 17, 1903, and after it, was in Dayton.

Ohio is also home of the first capital of the states of Indiana, Illinois, Michigan and Wisconsin (the Ohio Territory). And Ohio State still considers Indiana, Illinois, Michigan and Wisconsin as Ohio territory come college football season.

There's my plug for an under-represented wing. Go figure, a Florida resident talking up another state. It's not like people don't know anything about Florida, with the famous rat in Orlando, the weather, the oranges, this year's Super Bowl....

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

major pain

WELLLLLL.... im not in a wing... im a North Central Region guy
Lt Col Rp Kraatz, CAP
Inspector General
Kansas Wing (KSWG-01)

DC

Florida, home of the exciting part of the American manned space program, the world's first commercial airline service, and so many alligators that they frequently pose a FOD hazard at a certain landing strip...

And unlike most of the state population, I am under 65, and a native!

Johnny Yuma

Quote from: major pain on January 31, 2009, 03:40:17 AM
WELLLLLL.... im not in a wing... im a North Central Region guy

Which means you have SEVEN states to brag about.

Git R Done!
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Johnny Yuma

Quote from: BuckeyeDEJ on January 31, 2009, 02:57:23 AM
Another Florida Wing member in the house. And like most Floridians, I'm not a native. Half the state's population is Yankees, and a majority on the west coast is....

... from the state that gave the world the Wright Brothers, eight presidents, professional football, Arby's, Wendy's, Arthur Treacher's, Harvey Firestone, Thomas Edison, the tire industry, garage door openers, Taylorcraft airplanes, the scarlet carnation, Bob Hope, Drew Carey, Fred Willard, Martin Mull, Molly Shannon, Halle Berry, Martin Sheen's wife, Perry King, Jamie Farr, the Warner Brothers (of movie fame), Devo, Chrissie Hynde and the Pretenders, Bone Thugs 'n' Harmony, Macy Gray, Neil Armstrong, John Glenn, Dean Martin, Traci Lords, Jerry Springer, Smucker's, Longaberger baskets, Jeffrey Dahmer and more.

That's right -- OHIO. "The Heart Of It All."

It's also the "Birthplace of Aviation." North Carolina, those moochers, took the cheap, easy way out. They just had the weather for a first-ever manned airplane flight. Everything before Dec. 17, 1903, and after it, was in Dayton.

Ohio is also home of the first capital of the states of Indiana, Illinois, Michigan and Wisconsin (the Ohio Territory). And Ohio State still considers Indiana, Illinois, Michigan and Wisconsin as Ohio territory come college football season.

There's my plug for an under-represented wing. Go figure, a Florida resident talking up another state. It's not like people don't know anything about Florida, with the famous rat in Orlando, the weather, the oranges, this year's Super Bowl....

Can we trade BTK for your Jeffrey Dahmer? Dahmer's dead, so he's low maintenance and Kansas is under a budget crunch right now.

BTW my offer to trade Fred Phelps for Traci Lords still stands...

" Skip a bit, brother."

Johnny Yuma

Quote from: olefido on January 31, 2009, 02:33:27 AM
I am from the Southern Illinois Wing. Actually they don't like us to make jokes about Chicago Wing and the rest of us. ;D ;D

As of yesterday, only the wing HQ is now in Chicago(well, Dupage). The state capital is moving back to Springfield. Good move, Pat.

My family's from the Carterville/Marion/Carbondale area. They consider everything North of Mount Vernon the Chicago area and Cook county starts around Effingham.

" Skip a bit, brother."

ol'fido

Go Lions/Wildcats/Terriers from the Benton Ranger. I always tell people I am from Southern Illinois and never just from Illinois. Good to hear from another native of Little Egypt.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Cecil DP

Bob Hope was born in England! He only lived in Ohio.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

brenaud

Since I've only lived here a few years I'm not up on my Tennessee facts.  The one that comes to mind is Tennessee borders more states than any other (well, it's a tie with Missouri).
WILLIAM A. RENAUD, Lt Col, CAP
TNWG Director of Personnel & Administration
GRW #2699

BuckeyeDEJ

Quote from: Cecil DP on February 01, 2009, 11:44:28 PM
Bob Hope was born in England! He only lived in Ohio.

But he called Cleveland home, right up to the end.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

badger bob

Chris Klein
cklein<at>cap.gov
The Supply Guy
IC2
National Volunteer Logistics Officer- Retired
WI-IGA
Wilson Award# 3320

fireplug

Where / why not are the poll results being posted in tab form? Thanks.

Never mind. Doesn't show until you vote.....