CAP Flight Simulator

Started by ♠SARKID♠, September 02, 2007, 09:58:11 PM

SoCalCAPOfficer

Thanks Gene.   I always like to find a way to do things better.  Although I am not yet a Mission Pilot myself, I am the Squadron Commander, a CAP Pilot and an Observer  .  So I will be getting you those pictures sometime tomorrow.
Daniel L. Hough, Maj, CAP
Commander
Hemet Ryan Sq 59  PCR-CA-458

SoCalCAPOfficer

Well, believe it or not, the com antennas are "inside the rudder fin" .   The leading edge is a special plastic which allows this.  I was told this was done on some of the 1979-80 models.   So with that being the case, do you still believe we could do wing nulls?
Commander

genejackson

SoCal,

Nope, you cannot possibly null the ELT signal if the COM antennas are anywhere inside the vertical stabilizer.   There is no possible bank angle short of a 90 degree bank to block the signal with the aircraft's metal.   That's a 3G turn and out of the performance charts and utility class of that aircraft.

That is one different configuration and your A&P and other ES people are correct:  you will not be able to do a Wing Null with N4810N due to that configuration.

Gene
Gene Jackson
COL (R) US Army
Danville VA

SoCalCAPOfficer

Thanks for trying to help.  Like I said, I always appreciate learning how to do things better. 
Commander

genejackson

If I can ever offer up some pearls for when you take your Form 91 ride, please don't hesitate to write/ask.   My official email is cd.va@vawg.cap.gov.  I'm one of 9 Form 91 checkpilots for the Wing and have lots of reference materials, charts, etc.   If I can help in any way, please let me know.

Gene

Gene Jackson
COL (R) US Army
Danville VA

♠SARKID♠

I'm stealing back my thread   :P

What do you think of the plane I painted for FSX?

I know, it looks like junk and the text is backwards, but im still proud.

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

SoCalCAPOfficer

Looks better than our real plane.  Our plane flies beautifully and has a new interior, but it still isnt painted CAP colors.   

You did a good job with that.
Commander

♠SARKID♠

Thank you!

I made a caution tape Cessna too, maybe we can use it to promote safety in aviation  ;D ;D ;D

Snake Doctor

I have CAP Pilot for MS Flight Simulator 2004 and like it a lot.  I want to upgrade to the next version.

I also have IL 2 1946 which is better because you can defend yourself.
Lots of intersting aircraft to shoot down (and fly)
Paul Hertel, Lt Col, Civil Air Patrol
Wing Chief Of Staff
Assistant Wing PAO
Illinois Wing

LTC_Gadget

Quote from: Recruiter on September 03, 2007, 11:38:27 PM
where can I get the expansion pack for MS FSX?

I didn't spot where you got an answer to your question.  If you're talking about the Abacus SAR pkg, here's a link:

http://www.abacuspub.com/_cart/fsd.htm

V/R,
John Boyd, LtCol, CAP
Mitchell and Earhart unnumbered, yada, yada
The older I get, the more I learn.  The more I learn, the more I find left yet to learn.

♠SARKID♠

Just got the flight simulator for x-mas, definitely a cool program!