Main Menu

Moving On

Started by A1Steaksauce, June 27, 2007, 04:05:15 PM

A1Steaksauce

This post is in honor of 4 cadets from Rutland Composite Squadron, in Clarendon VT, who have recently joined the military.

- C/2ndLt. Brian Penka (A1C USAF)
- C/1stLt. Nate Kerber (In USMC basic)
- C/Maj. Marc Triller (Entering first year @ West Point)
- C/TSgt. [1stSgt] Roy Murdock (Entering USMC Basic in August)

Thank you for your comitments to CAP, you will all be missed.

Feel free to post names of other cadets who have joined the military who are in your squadron.

Major Carrales

Kudos to these brave souls...serice to one's Nation is service profound.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

SARMedTech

Bravo Zulu to one and all.

I look forward to being associated with ever increasing numbers of CAPs fine Cadets as time goes on. May the wind always be at their backs and their service long and proud.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

Capt M. Sherrod

C/2Lt Bryan Lounsbury - shipped out yesterday for Ft. Knox, KY in pursuit of his dream to become a CavScout.
Michael Sherrod, Capt, CAP
Professional Development Officer
Hanscom Composite Squadron, NER-MA-043

IceNine

C/CMsgt. Christopher McDermott- Ships to the US Navy July 12th
1Lt. John Learned Shipped to the US Army in Late May
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

capchiro

C/2ndLt Jordan Millirons: U.S. Army
C/2ndLt Tiffani Sullivan: U.S. Air Force (training in Security)
C/TSgt Ryan Sullivan: U.S. Army (basic and then combat medic training)
Lt. Col. Harry E. Siegrist III, CAP
Commander
Sweetwater Comp. Sqdn.
GA154

Major Carrales

Let's not forget that these are our best ambassadors to the armed forces.  I hope that CAP gave them all they needed and that they rememeber their CAP Cadets days foundly!!!
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Eclipse

C/Capt Michael Hatkevich - US Army
1st Lt. Michael Marzano - Air National Guard

"That Others May Zoom"

Grumpy

Quote from: m_e_sherrod on June 27, 2007, 05:08:31 PM
C/2Lt Bryan Lounsbury - shipped out yesterday for Ft. Knox, KY in pursuit of his dream to become a CavScout.

God bless him.  My boy's a 19 Delta was at Knox and is now a Sergeant Major Ft Campbell.

Ford73Diesel

C/TSgt Nick Davis- USMC BMT (next month)
C/Col Nathan Kish- First Year at Westpoint

I know there is a fair amount from OHWG, but thats all I can think of for now....

Stonewall

C/Lt Col M. McIntosh:  3rd year West Point, I'm going to pound jump wings into her chest on Tuesday.                                                    Yes, the same set of wings that were pounded into my chest in 1991.

C/Lt Col T. Culpepper:  Serving in Africa as a USAF PJ.

C/Lt Col C. Greata:  USMA grad, now in Iraq with 82nd; 1LT (Ranger).

C/Lt Col M. Smith:  USAFA grad, now C-130 pilot

C/Lt Col S. Langone:  ANG Firefighter/Iraq vet and full-time civilian firefighter in Maryland.

A little late for the recognition, but just 5 of about 100+ cadets that grew up and developed into fine American warriors under my watch as a senior member since 1992.
Serving since 1987.

Tim Medeiros

Some friends of mine:

C/Col Christine Johnson: now at the USAF Academy, Class of 2011

C/Maj Mary Sellers: Headed to Lackland in Aug, hopes to be in the security forces military working dog program

C/MSgt (If I recall, shes been out a while) Lyn Paine: Headed to Lackland in Dec, hopes to be in special forces

me: as soon as I can, complete AFROTC (theres a few hurdles blocking my path right now that I am in the process of clearing)
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

IceNine

Former C/Col. Greg Watson AF Capt Navigator
Former C/Maj. Chris Johnson Graduated USAFA this year
Former C/Lt.Col Adam Kinzinger AF
Former C/Lt.Col Michael Perry AF Lt. (says his duties are classified but if you read the papers you've seen his work)  >:D
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

isuhawkeye

This is Troy Ruffin,

Troy came to CAP not as a cadet, but as an officer.  Troy helped grow the cadet program in Iowa, and his hands on leadership helped to instill a strong cadet corp within the state.  Troy's involvement with the CAP brought his love of military service to the fore front.  Troy enlisted in the Army, and is currently serving with the third Infantry Division in Iraq. 

you can keep up to date on his progress @

http://troyruffin.blogspot.com/

SAR-EMT1

Cadet  M. Overman - Currently serving 2nd Lt. USAF
Cadet J. Brandes - Currently Serving 2nd Lt. USAF
both 'of late' members of the ILWG
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

Stonewall

One of the former cadets I mentioned above.  Pictures taken today, 3 July.

Serving since 1987.

Stonewall

Here's another picture I found.  This is at a PJ graduation.  The PJ, former C/Lt Col T. Culpepper has an excellent story leading up to becoming a PJ...

From Left to Right:
1. Me
2. Former C/Lt Col Langone.  ANG Crash/Rescue and OIF vet and full-time Firefighter EMT-I.  Soon to be Paramedic.
3. Former C/Lt Col Leonato.  VA Tech grad and now full-time public school teacher.  Also a tri-athlete and adventure race guru.
4. Former C/Lt Col Greata.  West Point grad, now full-time Infantry Platoon Leader (Ranger) in Iraq with 82nd Airborne.

Here's the story.

Cadet Culpepper attended PJOC in either 1995 or 1996 at GW National Forest in Virginia. He was in high school and weighed in at about 275 lbs and 6' 4". He almost didn't make it but it was a program for cadets so some how he survived. It pumped him up.

Upon graduating high school in 1999, he enlisted in the Army Guard as an Infantryman. He lost enough weight to enter basic training. However, he didn't pass the final PT test to graduate. He was discharged.

Discouraged but determined, he made up his mind. He would become a PJ.

He worked, attended college and relaxed for a year or so, to get some perspective on life. His reenlistment code did not allow for him to enter the military for 2 years. Doing some research, he found that the AF did not want prior Army enlisted folks. He talked to people at Kirtland AFB as well as some colonel in the recruiting command. He took the PAST down at Langly AFB with a Captain after being told if he passed it, he could enlist. He passed.

He spent 2 years working out, eating right, and focusing on becoming a PJ. At his max, prior to starting his quest, he weighed in at 300 lbs. But before he left for Air Force BMT he was under 200. He swam, ran, ruck marched, did pull-ups and everything needed to make it.

He left in Jan 2004 for BMT. 3 tries at PJ indoc before finally making it, he graduated in Sep 2006. Some say "over a year to become a PJ", try 33 months?

He is now in Africa on duty as a PJ.
Serving since 1987.

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: Stonewall on July 14, 2007, 06:36:05 PM
Here's another picture I found.  This is at a PJ graduation.  The PJ, former C/Lt Col T. Culpepper has an excellent story leading up to becoming a PJ...

From Left to Right:
1. Me
2. Former C/Lt Col Langone.  ANG Crash/Rescue and OIF vet and full-time Firefighter EMT-I.  Soon to be Paramedic.
3. Former C/Lt Col Leonato.  VA Tech grad and now full-time public school teacher.  Also a tri-athlete and adventure race guru.
4. Former C/Lt Col Greata.  West Point grad, now full-time Infantry Platoon Leader (Ranger) in Iraq with 82nd Airborne.

Here's the story.

Cadet Culpepper attended PJOC in either 1995 or 1996 at GW National Forest in Virginia. He was in high school and weighed in at about 275 lbs and 6' 4". He almost didn't make it but it was a program for cadets so some how he survived. It pumped him up.

Upon graduating high school in 1999, he enlisted in the Army Guard as an Infantryman. He lost enough weight to enter basic training. However, he didn't pass the final PT test to graduate. He was discharged.

Discouraged but determined, he made up his mind. He would become a PJ.

He worked, attended college and relaxed for a year or so, to get some perspective on life. His reenlistment code did not allow for him to enter the military for 2 years. Doing some research, he found that the AF did not want prior Army enlisted folks. He talked to people at Kirtland AFB as well as some colonel in the recruiting command. He took the PAST down at Langly AFB with a Captain after being told if he passed it, he could enlist. He passed.

He spent 2 years working out, eating right, and focusing on becoming a PJ. At his max, prior to starting his quest, he weighed in at 300 lbs. But before he left for Air Force BMT he was under 200. He swam, ran, ruck marched, did pull-ups and everything needed to make it.

He left in Jan 2004 for BMT. 3 tries at PJ indoc before finally making it, he graduated in Sep 2006. Some say "over a year to become a PJ", try 33 months?

He is now in Africa on duty as a PJ.

Talk about willpower
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

Stonewall

Here are a few more pics of him in Africa on duty as a PJ.  Just sent them to me this week..

Serving since 1987.

culpies

I know that guy, he's a dork

Quote from: Stonewall on July 30, 2007, 12:17:18 AM
Here are a few more pics of him in Africa on duty as a PJ.  Just sent them to me this week..