NCSA Recommendations

Started by chandlerb, July 20, 2017, 03:05:13 AM

chandlerb

Hi all,
I am hoping that you guys could give me some recommendations about which NCSAs I should consider attending.  I am interested in a wide variety of specialities CAP has to offer. (aviation, emergency services, engineering, leadership, ect.) Please let me know what NCSAs you attended, why you chose it, and how it has benefited/helped you as a cadet.
                                    Thank you,
                                        C/SMSgt Brown
C/SMSgt Brown

kwe1009

Kind of a hard question to answer.  People will tell you that "x" is the best NCSA and that may be true for them but not you.  They are all great and educational.  When it comes time to apply, I recommend that you apply to the ones that interest YOU the most.  If you want great ES training, go to NESA, great aviation training can be had at any of the powered or glider flight academies, for leadership, COS is hands down the best, and the list goes on and on...

Cadet Aviator

I just went to the MER Ronald Butler Flight Academy and I had a blast. I would highly suggest it but it's got about a 12 percent acceptance rate.

Cadet Captain Joseph P. Mannion
Cadet Emergency Services, Public Affairs, Communications Officer
NER-PA-045 Harrisburg International Airport Composite Squadron
GTL, GTM1, MS, UDF, MRO, MSA

MSG Mac

Little late this year to consider NCSA's. But first look at the current list of NCSA's

1. determine 3 that meet your wants and desires

2. Do you meet or will you meet the requirements by the start date?

3. After seeing the calendar, determine if there is a conflict with school or family.

4. check your finances and make plans to earn the fees and expenses before the event(s)

As stated it's a very late for this year, but occasionally, someone drops out at the last minute, Contact the Project Officer for details 

Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member