Main Menu

Sweet Caroline!

Started by Spam, January 08, 2017, 10:03:17 PM

SarDragon

Indeed. I had the opportunity to be on a Northwest flight with the senior flight attendant on the airline, and she was in her early sixties. This was back in the early '80s. She was kinda grumpy, though.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Chappie

Quote from: SarDragon on January 09, 2017, 04:42:10 AM
Indeed. I had the opportunity to be on a Northwest flight with the senior flight attendant on the airline, and she was in her early sixties. This was back in the early '80s. She was kinda grumpy, though.

Had to re-read your post again to determine who was grumpy -- she or you.   It was her...never knew you to be "grumpy" :)  Although there is another guy in this forum that goes by that nic - LOL
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

Spam

I thought her comments about working before jets, up through a 747 were interesting. It reminded me of when I  flew on a Pan Am 747 to Okinawa years ago and chatting with the stewardesses, who were terrified of their boss, a very senior woman indeed, who had been flying since the early days and ran a tight ship.  The plane itself (a 747-SP) was a piece of poorly maintained crap, but their attitude and service was fantastic.

V/r
Spam

Luis R. Ramos

Yep! Nothing like poor service with style!

>:D

Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer