Main Menu

"Badge Magic"

Started by RNOfficer, November 30, 2016, 12:12:15 AM

RNOfficer

Anyone ever tried "Badge Magic"?

https://www.badgemagic.com

Highly recommended by Boy Scouts

kwe1009

I tried it with both Boy Scouts and USAF and did not have much luck.  I know people who swear that it is awesome.

THRAWN

I'm one of the ones that has had wild success with it. After you apply it, hit the patch with an iron. You'll never get that patch off....
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

kcebnaes

I use basically this stuff. Except I iron it on, and then sew the patches on like normal. Keeps patches from slipping around when sewing.
Sean Beck, Maj, CAP
Great Lakes Region sUAS Officer
Various Other Thingsā„¢

Eclipse

Quote from: kcebnaes on November 30, 2016, 03:26:37 PM
I use basically this stuff. Except I iron it on, and then sew the patches on like normal. Keeps patches from slipping around when sewing.

That's how I use a similar product - great for alignment or in a pinch for a meeting or two but doesn't
hold up over time.

Note the wash instructions indicate you should turn the garment inside out.

"That Others May Zoom"

THRAWN

Quote from: Eclipse on November 30, 2016, 03:46:41 PM
Quote from: kcebnaes on November 30, 2016, 03:26:37 PM

That's how I use a similar product - great for alignment or in a pinch for a meeting or two but doesn't
hold up over time.

Note the wash instructions indicate you should turn the garment inside out.

That's surprising. Which one are you using? I've been using it for quite a few years, in CAP in utilities, in Scouts and in the real world. In fact, my Cub Scout has had his on for about 18 months now with no issues. That's after 6 camping trips, a Council Jamboree and the usual fun and games.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Eclipse

The stuff I use is an iron-on sizing, with the occasional stitch glue or similar.

Just until it's sewn or in an uber pinch for one meeting.

"That Others May Zoom"

RNOfficer

Quote from: RNOfficer on November 30, 2016, 12:12:15 AM
Anyone ever tried "Badge Magic"?

https://www.badgemagic.com

Highly recommended by Boy Scouts

Vietnam-Era joke: "What's the difference between the Boy Scouts and the US Air Force?'

Answer: "The Boy Scouts have adult supervision."