Every CAP Aircraft Ever (Updated)

Started by ℛedℬaron, November 24, 2016, 06:44:00 AM

ℛedℬaron

Yes this one is the Civil Air Patrol livery.
One on the right.

This is every aircraft used by Civil Air Patrol, ever, I tried to get each picture of the aircraft in CAP livery. I wanted to do this because the older version, not made by me, was lacking quite a bit.
The English had hit upon a splendid joke. They intended to catch me or to bring me down.
-Manfred von Richtofen

NIN

Nice Darter!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

NIN

Btw, you're missing several

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Lord of the North

Please note that the AT-6 group picture is not of Corporate owned aircraft but are privately owned aircraft.  There was a California Wing Squadron, Squadron 35 I believe, that had a number of members that owned and flew there AT-6 aircraft on CAP missions.  At one time members were allowed to put the CAP emblem on their private aircraft and vehicles when performing CAP business.

ℛedℬaron

Quote from: NIN on November 24, 2016, 09:17:34 PM
Btw, you're missing several

Please tell me which ones I am missing.

[ed: fixed tags]
The English had hit upon a splendid joke. They intended to catch me or to bring me down.
-Manfred von Richtofen

ℛedℬaron

Quote from: Lord of the North on November 25, 2016, 01:31:22 AM
Please note that the AT-6 group picture is not of Corporate owned aircraft but are privately owned aircraft.  There was a California Wing Squadron, Squadron 35 I believe, that had a number of members that owned and flew there AT-6 aircraft on CAP missions.  At one time members were allowed to put the CAP emblem on their private aircraft and vehicles when performing CAP business.

I did some research and those T-6's used in the 35 squadron had to be used for missions because that squadron had almost no airplanes, and this was in the early 60's so some squadrons used their own aircraft for missions. So this would be considered a CAP aircraft.
-Manfred von Richtofen

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

ℛedℬaron

-Manfred von Richtofen

PHall

Quote from: ℛedℬaron on November 25, 2016, 01:49:58 AM

I did some research and those T-6's used in the 35 squadron had to be used for missions because that squadron had almost no airplanes, and this was in the early 60's so some squadrons used their own aircraft for missions. So this would be considered a CAP aircraft.

No they're not. They're Member Owned Aircraft. CAP Aircraft are owned by CAP.

PHall

You're missing several like the Beech Bonanza and the DeHavillind Otter.

NIN

Gippsland GA-8

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

ℛedℬaron

Quote from: PHall on November 25, 2016, 03:26:53 AM
Quote from: ℛedℬaron on November 25, 2016, 01:49:58 AM

No they're not. They're Member Owned Aircraft. CAP Aircraft are owned by CAP.

Oh yeah now I see thank you
-Manfred von Richtofen

ℛedℬaron

Quote from: PHall on November 25, 2016, 03:33:54 AM

The T-34 mentor is the one CAP used I don't think they had any Beechcraft, as for the Otter, I thought they only had the DHC-2 Beaver.
-Manfred von Richtofen

PHall

Quote from: ℛedℬaron on November 25, 2016, 02:11:59 PM
Quote from: PHall on November 25, 2016, 03:33:54 AM

The T-34 mentor is the one CAP used I don't think they had any Beechcraft, as for the Otter, I thought they only had the DHC-2 Beaver.

We had a Bonanza here in CAWG for years. The LO used to fly it. CAP had a few Otters, they went up to Alaska Wing when National decided to get rid of all of the taildraggers. Alaska had a waiver to the no-taildragger rule.

Eclipse

If only there was a CAPTalk thread that contained every CAP aircraft ever...

http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=21426.0

"That Others May Zoom"

FW

CAP also owned a Piper Aztec, and a Piper Saratoga during the 80s and 90s.  They were located in PAWG (I flew them both).

ℛedℬaron

Quote from: Eclipse on November 25, 2016, 02:42:28 PM

This is an updated version of yours because yours contained only a few aircraft
-Manfred von Richtofen

ℛedℬaron

Not in CAP colors
Maybe CAP colors for this aircraft?

Please tell me if I am missing any.
-Manfred von Richtofen

Ohioguard

We had a few Helio Couriers assigned to Regions in the late 70s and also flew a few of the military version of the Navions.

Jeffrey C Wandell, Lt Col, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: ℛedℬaron on November 25, 2016, 05:13:28 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on November 25, 2016, 02:42:28 PM

This is an updated version of yours because yours contained only a few aircraft

The thread above contains a link to the list of all the CAP aircraft in the FAA database.  As indicated, it was never intended to
displays photos of the different models.  I don't think the admins are going to be too excited about
someone lighting up multiple threads on the same topic.  You could have just added pics to this one or your first one.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

The second thread with the additional planes has been merged with this one, and the duplicate pics have been removed. Let's constrain this effort to one thread, and just add the additional planes, instead of duplicating the effort each time.

Captions with the types would also be useful, for those readers who might not be familiar with the different models.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

ℛedℬaron

Thank you, I did not know how to delete one so I kind of kept it, but you merged them that fixed everything.
-Manfred von Richtofen

docsteve

Steve Sconfienza, Ph.D.
former captain

ℛedℬaron

-Manfred von Richtofen

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

docsteve

NYW's never got the paint: geared-in at FRG right after it arrived.
Steve Sconfienza, Ph.D.
former captain

ℛedℬaron

Quote from: docsteve on December 01, 2016, 12:18:24 AM
NYW's never got the paint: geared-in at FRG right after it arrived.

You mean gear up?
-Manfred von Richtofen

BillB

You are missing the USAF loaned L-4's. Which photo I can't upload
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

BillB

I tried to do a post. It vanished. You forgot the USAF L-4's loaned to CAP  I tried to upload a photo and it failed.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

BillB

The photo I have shows the L-4 with USAF markings AND CAP markings
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Eclipse

Quote from: BillB on December 01, 2016, 10:05:02 PM
The photo I have shows the L-4 with USAF markings AND CAP markings

Link?

"That Others May Zoom"

docsteve

Steve Sconfienza, Ph.D.
former captain

ℛedℬaron

-Manfred von Richtofen

docsteve

Quote from: ℛedℬaron on December 02, 2016, 01:07:53 AM
I wonder how that happened  ;D ;D ;D ;D

How about a non-multi rated CAP pilot with a non-CAP flight instructor

Both crankshafts

I did the paperwork on it

I was also at FRG the night it happened
Steve Sconfienza, Ph.D.
former captain

jcwilson

I have been advised that Aeronca 65CA NC34499 was used during WW2 by the Iowa wing. I have a recent photo but have not figured out how to include it into this reply.

SarDragon

You cannot directly post pics. They need to be hosted somewhere else, and then linked to the post.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Starbux

I miss the T-34.  Our wing was one of the last to hang on to one and I think Wisconsin as well.  I got to have a few hours of stick time in it.  My CFI who was the wing SV let me fly with him.  I got to sit observer in it once.  When I got my SEL add on, I was trying to get the hours to check out in it.  Life happened, ie college and I did not have as much time to gas up a plane as I wanted to.