Do you have your packet ready Eclipse?  ;D

FW

The list for the job is pretty long already.... >:D

PHall

Quote from: FW on August 16, 2016, 10:46:05 AM
The list for the job is pretty long already.... >:D

Relocating to Alabama will probably cut that list down. A lot! >:D

Ned

^^ But the COO could almost certainly authorize telecommuting, wouldn't you think?

Eclipse

Quote from: Ned on August 16, 2016, 04:06:51 PM
^^ But the COO could almost certainly authorize telecommuting, wouldn't you think?

CAP HQ will be moving to Tyndall next FY, so all bets are off.

"That Others May Zoom"

FW

Quote from: FW on August 15, 2016, 08:38:43 PM
Quote from: Offutteer on August 15, 2016, 05:39:28 PM
Quote from: FW on August 12, 2016, 09:35:05 PM
So, the COO is gone, and now I've heard the CFO, Susan Easter, resigned. What is going on at the conference?  Nashville must be a hopping place...

I called NHQ and was told that Susan Easter is still there, no resignation.

Yes, she is still there, however she put in her notice 3 weeks ago.  I have not asked her when her last day will be.

Just heard from our CFO, Susan Easter.  She is not leaving her position "now".  I'm sure this is a relief for the BoG and our interim COO, John Salvador... ;D

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Eclipse on August 16, 2016, 04:14:16 PM
Quote from: Ned on August 16, 2016, 04:06:51 PM

CAP HQ will be moving to Tyndall next FY, so all bets are off.

I got excited...

QuoteQ:   Is the National Headquarters moving to Tyndall AFB, FL, the home of 1AF?
A:  No.  One of the conditions for realignment was for HQ CAP-USAF to remain at Maxwell AFB, AL.  Since both CAP and CAP-USAF headquarters work closely for mission success, CAP's National Headquarters will also remain at Maxwell.[/size]

http://capnhq.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2697/~/cap-usaf-1st-air-force-realignment

[/size][/font]

Eclipse

Keep believing that. 

You heard it here first.

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Eclipse on August 16, 2016, 04:44:43 PM
Keep believing that. 

You heard it here first.
I'm already holding out for this 75th anniversary video, now you want me to hold out for that as well?

NIN

75th video may be back as early as today. At the same time the music clearance was going thru,  a misspelling in the graphics was discovered.  Oops!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Eclipse

ROWLAND TO RECEIVE CAP LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP

http://capvolunteernow.com/todays-features/?rowland_to_receive_cap_lifetime_membership&show=news&newsID=22330

"Don Rowland, after providing more than three decades of dedicated service at Civil Air Patrol National Headquarters, will be honored and recognized with a Lifetime Membership in CAP.

The announcement was made by CAP's national commander, Maj. Gen. Joe Vazquez, during the organization's annual conference in Nashville, Tennessee.

"Life Membership is one of the highest honors in Civil Air Patrol," Vazquez told CAP members attending the General Assembly Aug. 12.   

"Life membership is a small token of CAP's appreciation for the many contributions [he has] made to our success over the last 31 years," he said.

Rowland announced his retirement Aug. 10 as CAP's top paid executive at National Headquarters at Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama. He served 11 years, initially as executive director and later as chief operating officer.

His retirement concluded a distinguished 31-year career with CAP, starting with his CAP-USAF staff position in 1985. After a 23-year U.S. Air Force career, "Don joined CAP as one of our first true corporate employees and was instrumental in developing our early Counterdrug Program," Vazquez said.

Rowland served in a number of positions after that, including director of plans and requirements, director of strategic communications and plans and senior director.

"During his tenure many positive changes have come to CAP," Vazquez said, citing:

Improved overall financial status, including CAP's first of seven unqualified audits and introduction of the Wing Banker Program;

Establishment of the Wing Administrator program, providing paid employees to support each wing for the first time ever; and

The conversion from an in-house supply store to a partnership with Vanguard Industries, which provided additional support for cadet activities at the wing, region and national levels and upgrades of corporate-owned facilities; 
"The advancements in technology and missions during Don's service are also noteworthy," the national commander said.

"Additional missions like Green Flag and Falcon Virgo have brought much-needed attention to CAP's capabilities. The establishment of our consolidated maintenance program made a significant impact on our ability to remain mission ready, and our transition to the glass cockpit ensured members had the most up- to-date equipment," he said."

"That Others May Zoom"

BuckeyeDEJ

Well, if HQ CAP moves to Tyndall, at least it's still in Alabama.

Yes, I live in Florida. I know, I know. But everything north of I-4 is just The South.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

stillamarine

Quote from: BuckeyeDEJ on August 18, 2016, 01:35:39 AM
Well, if HQ CAP moves to Tyndall, at least it's still in Alabama.

Yes, I live in Florida. I know, I know. But everything north of I-4 is just The South.

When I was in Group I, the Group CC submitted quarterly requests to be reassigned to ALWG. Was easier to go to PD, etc in ALWG then FLWG. And as a panhandle native we used FLA on our addresses for years for Formerly Lower Alabama.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

NIN

Quote from: NIN on August 16, 2016, 06:26:23 PM
75th video may be back as early as today. At the same time the music clearance was going thru,  a misspelling in the graphics was discovered.  Oops!!

http://youtu.be/lxRdZrI7vbA
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Майор Хаткевич

PHall

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: PHall on August 19, 2016, 01:53:39 AM

Your 15 minutes of fame is officially over! >:D

Bests having it hang in the closed.

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Luis R. Ramos

Your 15 minutes of fame is are (FTFY) officially over! >:D

Don't get upset, I make the same mistakes, and you call me out, very often I would say!   ;)
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

PHall

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on August 19, 2016, 09:58:40 AM

Your 15 minutes of fame is are (FTFY) officially over! >:D

Don't get upset, I make the same mistakes, and you call me out, very often I would say!   ;)

Using Russian syntax Luis, using Russian syntax.