Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Майор Хаткевич

NIN

Music rights haven't been cleared (yet). 
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

JeffDG

Quote from: NIN on August 13, 2016, 04:48:56 AM
Music rights haven't been cleared (yet).
Title 17, United States Code strikes again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NIN

It's administrative timing.  Plus, nobody knows who exactly owns the rights to that particular piece.  :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

You want to produce a video and use royalty free,  go ahead. It's a good thing.

The video people had a specific creative need.   The guy who did this,  Scott Matthews,  had a different idea.

He's got an Emmy. I trust his judgement

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Eclipse

What I saw before it was taken down, which was listed as "Second draft", looked well done,
but IMHO, had far too much slo-mo and appeared to have been primarily footage from 2-3
activities (same cadets, same guidons, same facility, same hats stuck in the dryer door).

There were a couple cuts from what looked like very old stock CAP footage that may have just been
fillers because they didn't really have any context that helped the narrative.

As to the music, I'd like to think what I heard was actually placeholder music as it was just the same
slowed-down brass piece over and over.

(Aren't you supposed to be running breakouts or something?)

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Offutteer

Quote from: FW on August 12, 2016, 09:35:05 PM
So, the COO is gone, and now I've heard the CFO, Susan Easter, resigned. What is going on at the conference?  Nashville must be a hopping place...

I called NHQ and was told that Susan Easter is still there, no resignation.

FW

Quote from: Offutteer on August 15, 2016, 05:39:28 PM
Quote from: FW on August 12, 2016, 09:35:05 PM
So, the COO is gone, and now I've heard the CFO, Susan Easter, resigned. What is going on at the conference?  Nashville must be a hopping place...

I called NHQ and was told that Susan Easter is still there, no resignation.

Yes, she is still there, however she put in her notice 3 weeks ago.  I have not asked her when her last day will be.

MSG Mac

I once again saw the MER Commander and his Vice wearing the Maryland National Guard Distinguished service Cross around their necks. I guess Full Colonels are exempt from CAPM 39-1 and CAPR 39-3. I asked the MER/CC and he said "The National Commander approved the wear" Seriously feel that there is a lack of integrity there. Plus a violation of the oath they take to follow and enforce the regulations of CAP.

Before you ask, I have brought this matter up to the MER Commander and got the reply cited above.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

JeffDG

Quote from: MSG Mac on August 15, 2016, 09:20:27 PM
I once again saw the MER Commander and his Vice wearing the Maryland National Guard Distinguished service Cross around their necks. I guess Full Colonels are exempt from CAPM 39-1 and CAPR 39-3. I asked the MER/CC and he said "The National Commander approved the wear" Seriously feel that there is a lack of integrity there. Plus a violation of the oath they take to follow and enforce the regulations of CAP.

Before you ask, I have brought this matter up to the MER Commander and got the reply cited above.
So, whose signature is on the above-mentioned regulations?

Is it so hard to believe that these two folks requested and received a waiver of CAPM 39-1 and CAPR 39-3 for this particular item?  If so, then they are entirely fine wearing it, and in full compliance with regulations, as the issuing authority has inherent authority to grant waivers.

Eclipse

This is akin to former NAT CC's and staff who would literally hand out Comm Comms to cadets for helping at conferences,
then the cadets came home wearing them with CCs being "um what?"

"That Others May Zoom"

PA Guy

Quote from: MSG Mac on August 15, 2016, 09:20:27 PM

So that is what that garish thing was hanging around his neck!

LSThiker

Quote from: JeffDG on August 15, 2016, 10:00:56 PM
So, whose signature is on the above-mentioned regulations?

Is it so hard to believe that these two folks requested and received a waiver of CAPM 39-1 and CAPR 39-3 for this particular item?  If so, then they are entirely fine wearing it, and in full compliance with regulations, as the issuing authority has inherent authority to grant waivers.

Not the CAP-USAF Commander or the Headquarters USAF:

Quote1.1.2.2.  The Commander, CAP-USAF, with the approval of Headquarters USAF, prescribes
the wear of the USAF-style uniforms, as well as the insignia, badges, and devices worn on these
uniforms. 

So no, the issuing authority of CAPM 39-1 and CAPR 39-3 is not the authority to grant waivers to the USAF-style uniform.

Not saying they do not have a waiver, just correcting your statement. 

MSG Mac

CAPM follows the USAF regulation that only "FEDERALLY RECOGNIZED" awards may be worn. NAtional Guard awards are specifically forbidden from wear on the USAF and CAP uniforms.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Eclipse

http://capvolunteernow.com/todays-features/?rowland_retires_as_cap_coo_salvador_named_as_interim&show=news&newsID=22326

"On Wednesday, Aug. 10, Don Rowland, CAP National Headquarters chief operating officer, announced his retirement after 31 years of service in CAP, 11 in the corporation's top position.

The Board of Governors has selected John Salvador to serve as interim COO.

The application process for the position of NHQ's COO is under development and will be announced soon."

"That Others May Zoom"