Main Menu

Aircraft POH

Started by 172heavy, June 11, 2016, 08:16:12 PM

172heavy

I want to start studying for my CAPF 5 and in doing so I would like a copy of the POH for the aircraft that I am going to fly. Is there a place on the vast CAP website that has this information? What is the general strategy for getting this info for CAP planes?

Thank you in advance!

-Josh

SarDragon

Nope, because of copyright restrictions, but you can find them on Scribd and other publication repositories. Some are free, and some are not. You should get one for the specific model of plane you will be flying.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Quote from: 172heavy on June 11, 2016, 08:16:12 PM
I want to start studying for my CAPF 5 and in doing so I would like a copy of the POH for the aircraft that I am going to fly. Is there a place on the vast CAP website that has this information? What is the general strategy for getting this info for CAP planes?

Thank you in advance!

-Josh
Here you go Josh:

Cessna 182T PIM - http://textron.vo.llnwd.net/o25/CES/cessna_aircraft_docs/single_engine/skylane/skylane_pim.pdf
Cessna 206H PIM - http://textron.vo.llnwd.net/o25/CES/cessna_aircraft_docs/single_engine/stationair/stationair_pim.pdf
Cessna T206H PIM - http://www.sq314.org/manuals/Cessna_T206H_2007-G1000+GFC700-POH.pdf
The Rest: https://www.redskyventures.org/free_stuff.php

In addition, you should have a look at the POH/PIM that is in your aircraft.

Our Squadron has a guide (might need some minor revisions) on How to become a CAP pilot: http://www.squadron188.org/home/new-member-guide/cap-pilot-guide

Have fun!

Noel

172heavy

Thank you very much! I'll speak to the squadron on Tuesday when we meet again. Is there a spot on WIMRS that you can use to nail down which aircraft are assigned to your particular Squadron?

You guys have a great website BTW!

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Quote from: 172heavy on June 11, 2016, 09:17:36 PM
Thank you very much! I'll speak to the squadron on Tuesday when we meet again. Is there a spot on WIMRS that you can use to nail down which aircraft are assigned to your particular Squadron?
Yes, if you have the rights in WMIRS go to the Support, Maintenance Module and Current Aircraft Maintenance Snapshot: https://www.capnhq.gov/WMIRS/MaintenanceModule/Snapshot.aspx

Thank you for the kudos  ;D

Eclipse

Unless TX is different, aircraft aren't generally "assigned" to squadrons, though they may be "hosted" by one as a steward,
and the POC may be from the unit for convenience.

It's usually a matter of physical proximity to the plane that determines what / where most pilots fly, all are open to everyone,
absent some specific local restriction, and scheduled using whatever your wing uses to reserve them.

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

Quote from: Eclipse on June 11, 2016, 10:26:54 PM

Unless TX is different, aircraft aren't generally "assigned" to squadrons, though they may be "hosted" by one as a steward,

It's usually a matter of physical proximity to the plane that determines what / where most pilots fly, all are open to everyone,
absent some specific local restriction, and scheduled using whatever your wing uses to reserve them.

In CAWG the aircraft is assigned to the squadron. They're responsible for it's care and feeding. Plus the attendant paper work.
But they can be scheduled and flown by any qualified pilot.

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Quote from: PHall on June 12, 2016, 04:02:36 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on June 11, 2016, 10:26:54 PM

In CAWG the aircraft is assigned to the squadron. They're responsible for it's care and feeding. Plus the attendant paper work.
But they can be scheduled and flown by any qualified pilot.
And some CAWG squadrons are assigned two planes.

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Quote from: SarDragon on June 12, 2016, 04:24:08 AM
Quote from: Mission/Tow Pilot on June 12, 2016, 04:06:23 AM
And some CAWG squadrons are assigned two planes.

:) :clap:
Bowing left, bowing right. Thank you [emoji1]

SarDragon

I happen to be in one of those squadrons.  ;D
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

grunt82abn

If I get transferred to California, I want a squadron that has 3 planes!!! ::)
Sean Riley, TSGT
US Army 1987 to 1994, WIARNG 1994 to 2008
DoD Firefighter Paramedic 2000 to Present

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Quote from: grunt82abn on June 12, 2016, 04:46:41 AM
There is a glider squadron that has three planes [emoji1]

PHall

Quote from: Mission/Tow Pilot on June 12, 2016, 04:57:36 AM

Actually, it has FOUR. 3 gliders and the tow plane!

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Negative, tow plane is at another unit now, and would you count a crashed glider as one of the three?

PHall

Quote from: Mission/Tow Pilot on June 12, 2016, 05:25:22 PM
Negative, tow plane is at another unit now, and would you count a crashed glider as one of the three?

It's still on the books...

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: PHall on June 12, 2016, 06:16:37 PM

That's how the Zimbabwe Air Force counts theirs.

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

grunt82abn

Quote from: PHall on June 12, 2016, 04:30:45 PM
Quote from: Mission/Tow Pilot on June 12, 2016, 04:57:36 AM

Actually, it has FOUR. 3 gliders and the tow plane!

Awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sean Riley, TSGT
US Army 1987 to 1994, WIARNG 1994 to 2008
DoD Firefighter Paramedic 2000 to Present

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on June 12, 2016, 08:22:55 PM
Quote from: PHall on June 12, 2016, 06:16:37 PM

That's how the Zimbabwe Air Force counts theirs.
Haha!!!