Main Menu

AOPA AD&D

Started by 172heavy, June 06, 2016, 07:17:09 PM

172heavy

Does anyone know if the AOPA AD&D policy which excludes military service would exclude a pilot flying for CAP on an Air force Funded Mission? I only used AOPA as an example I am considering augmenting my insurance because my employer provided AD&D policy excludes aviation activities.

THRAWN

Quote from: 172heavy on June 06, 2016, 07:17:09 PM
Does anyone know if the AOPA AD&D policy which excludes military service would exclude a pilot flying for CAP on an Air force Funded Mission? I only used AOPA as an example I am considering augmenting my insurance because my employer provided AD&D policy excludes aviation activities.

Call them and ask. You'll get a more correct reply from them.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Al Sayre

IIRC, they have a specific CAP endorsement for liability available, so I would think there is something similar for their AD&D.  Also remember that you have FECA  & FTCA coverage on an AFAM.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

172heavy

Quote from: THRAWN on June 06, 2016, 07:44:23 PM
Quote from: 172heavy on June 06, 2016, 07:17:09 PM

Call them and ask. You'll get a more correct reply from them.
I did, and they are looking into it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

172heavy

Quote from: Al Sayre on June 06, 2016, 07:57:08 PM
IIRC, they have a specific CAP endorsement for liability available, so I would think there is something similar for their AD&D.  Also remember that you have FECA  & FTCA coverage on an AFAM.

I need to review those policies again and see what the coverage amounts are. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eclipse

Quote from: 172heavy on June 06, 2016, 08:01:56 PM
I need to review those policies again and see what the coverage amounts are. Thank you.

Neither are "policies", per se.

FECA can provide replacement income if you are injured on an AFAM - lots of paperwork, but
last time I looked into it you were paid at the equivalent of a GS-9 while receiving benefits.

FTCA protects the member from liability claims.

Your state may offer a death benefit either specific to CAP or within the framework of being
a SAR person killed during a mission.

"That Others May Zoom"

Live2Learn

Quote from: Eclipse on June 06, 2016, 08:29:19 PM
...FTCA protects the member from liability claims.

Your state may offer a death benefit either specific to CAP or within the framework of being
a SAR person killed during a mission.

Several states also have their own versions of the Federal Tort Claims protection act for volunteers.