INWG Conference: AF approved ABU transition

Started by Майор Хаткевич, March 19, 2016, 01:14:40 PM

abdsp51

Quote from: THRAWN on March 21, 2016, 01:28:28 PM
Quote from: JacobAnn on March 21, 2016, 11:32:55 AM

If Gen Myrick is there, I'm pretty sure that this is correct :)

Not only was he there, this slide was part of his briefing.  I doubt he is going to eat crow on this one.

It would not be the first time a CAP GO said or did something that later proved to be in error...
[/quote]

Verbage should say that a package was submitted for approval.  Not that the ABU was approved..

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: abdsp51 on March 21, 2016, 06:30:21 PM
Quote from: THRAWN on March 21, 2016, 01:28:28 PM
Quote from: JacobAnn on March 21, 2016, 11:32:55 AM

If Gen Myrick is there, I'm pretty sure that this is correct :)

Not only was he there, this slide was part of his briefing.  I doubt he is going to eat crow on this one.

It would not be the first time a CAP GO said or did something that later proved to be in error...

Verbage should say that a package was submitted for approval.  Not that the ABU was approved..
[/quote]

Or...I'm assuming there is preliminary word of approval, and guidance being written now. We already knew it was submitted, it would say that if that was the stage we were still at.

Eclipse

Why say anything?

What's the hurry?  The behavior to model is patience until things are "done" - the marshmallow is very hard not to
eat, so don't put on the table.

"That Others May Zoom"

abdsp51

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on March 21, 2016, 06:41:34 PM
Or...I'm assuming there is preliminary word of approval, and guidance being written now. We already knew it was submitted, it would say that if that was the stage we were still at.

Then there is favoritism being shown.  What makes INWG more special than the rest? 

Best not to have said anything until the decision was final or sent sonething out to all.  Transperancy or something like that...   But what do I know...

lordmonar

It's called a status update.   No harm no foul.  INWG just happened to be the first place to get it. 

You give a stays update in your bread to get a jump on every Tom Dick and Harry that is going to ask "Where are we on the ABUs?"
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

abdsp51

Quote from: lordmonar on March 21, 2016, 07:18:06 PM
It's called a status update.   No harm no foul.  INWG just happened to be the first place to get it. 

You give a stays update in your bread to get a jump on every Tom Dick and Harry that is going to ask "Where are we on the ABUs?"

Either tell us all en masse or don't say anything until it's done... 

So much for transperancy. 

lordmonar

Thats not transparency.  It's poor change management.  But it is transparent to say what you know.  Saying "I can't tell you at this time" is not transparency.

I get your beef.  And it is a good beef.   But it is not a transparency issue. 

Eclipse

Quote from: lordmonar on March 21, 2016, 07:18:06 PM

To which you answer - "things will be published when any changes are final", and that's what you put on the slide if you think it's necessary.

Status updates for things are only necessary when you have people who need to take their own action or preparations in anticipation of a change,
and / or when you are trying to keep customers on the hook for future products so they don't spend their money on something else today.

Neither of which is the case here.

There is zero necessity for anyone to "prepare", nor delay purchases in anticipation, since there will be a sundown on the old uniforms,
assuming they are disavowed, which I would hazard won't be for a 2-3 year period.

No one needs to know in advance until this is finalized, unless of course the concern is buying the "uncool uniform", which is a whole 'nother
problem entirely.

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Isn't one of the selling points of conferences to be in the know on the latest?

THRAWN

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on March 21, 2016, 08:17:43 PM
Isn't one of the selling points of conferences to be in the know on the latest?

That's part of the reason for having the rep of the national commander there...
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

lordmonar

I Guess it is [darn]ed if yo do and [darn]ed if you don't. 

The slide said we were waiting for final written approval.  But factually told the members were we stand. 

So we (the general members) are in the loop.   But we should stand by for more info. 

I don't see the down side to this.  Except it just allows CAPTALK to grouse about something HQ is doing wrong.   

NIN

Quote from: lordmonar on March 21, 2016, 08:59:54 PM

Agree. If an update to 39-1 had just been published in the middle of the night on a Tuesday in July, everybody would complain that it would have been nice to have a little advance notice.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

PHall

Just a little note on the NHQ Webpage in the News Section would help a lot.

Chappie

The slide said we were waiting for final written approval.  But factually told the members were we stand. 

So we (the general members) are in the loop.   But we should stand by for more info. 

I don't see the down side to this.  Except it just allows CAPTALK to grouse about something HQ is doing wrong.

^^^^ Scores a 9.99 for performance and nailing the landing  :clap:  :clap:
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

lordmonar

Quote from: Chappie on March 21, 2016, 10:59:17 PM

^^^^ Scores a 9.99 for performance and nailing the landing  :clap:  :clap:
Yeah.....but what does the Russian Judge say? They always score me low! 

calebtornado12

Does anyone else see that someone in the front might have Chinese take-out?  ;)
C/2nd Lt. Caleb Bryant
Boise Composite Flight Commander
RMR-ID-073
Off we go, into the 'Wild Blue Yonder'...

Chappie

Quote from: calebtornado12 on March 21, 2016, 11:11:16 PM
Does anyone else see that someone in the front might have Chinese take-out?  ;)

You are very observant.  But ... Chinese take-out? ? ? ?  Naw...that is too big of a container.   It looks more like a Starbucks coffee box to-go :)

calebtornado12

Hey, who knows, i didn't even think they had boxes that big.
C/2nd Lt. Caleb Bryant
RMR-ID-073

Chappie

Quote from: calebtornado12 on March 21, 2016, 11:38:44 PM
Hey, who knows, i didn't even think they had boxes that big.

Trust me on the Starbucks to go box for meetings ... BTDT...have the whole t-shirt and mug to go with it  ;)

calebtornado12

C/2nd Lt. Caleb Bryant
RMR-ID-073