..and every CAP SAR nerd just lost his collective mind...

Started by NIN, January 20, 2016, 08:54:19 PM

ALORD

On a Mission years ago in heavy fog, one of our Ground Team members thought they heard cries for help. Naturally, all other assets were vectored their way. The distant call for help turned out to be a "Moo" instead of a "moan". We suggested that all cows be equipped with CLT"s ( Cow Locator Transmitters, i.e., "Cow bells") Henceforth, Cow bells were known to all involved as "CLT's"

Disenchanted

More Cowbell.  I'm surprised it doesn't have a snorkel set.

NIN

Just so we're clear, when I joked about the "SAR Tomato" earlier, we had a lady in MI Wing years ago who had that same basic vintage Suburban in a fire-engine red color. And it was loaded with various Scotchlite decals _ALL_OVER_ with the name of their non-CAP SAR outfit and all kinds of other goofy stuff.

She would roll this thing into a mission base and we'd all go "Look! Its the SAR TOMATO!"
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

THRAWN

Quote from: NIN on January 22, 2016, 04:43:19 PM
Just so we're clear, when I joked about the "SAR Tomato" earlier, we had a lady in MI Wing years ago who had that same basic vintage Suburban in a fire-engine red color. And it was loaded with various Scotchlite decals _ALL_OVER_ with the name of their non-CAP SAR outfit and all kinds of other goofy stuff.

She would roll this thing into a mission base and we'd all go "Look! Its the SAR TOMATO!"

Dude, I think I know her sister...seems like there is at least one of them in every vollie group.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

sarmed1

Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

THRAWN

Quote from: sarmed1 on January 22, 2016, 06:26:03 PM
This is a picture that comes to mind.....

http://api.ning.com/files/IKB3U5xDSCMEpH4fL0WDnywJhEI2tCxRjLWYUhtDdQ5Q81Uaj2gVCiqY39F-Lrxz-*JMgjZtdaDvdUEc*bAXcw__/p1.jpg

mk

Driven by a very fat, mustachioed guy that needs a bath, and a haircut. He's probably wearing a ball cap from one of the highspeed organizations that he belongs to (fire police, or something) and has a badge clipped to his belt that he makes sure is prominently displayed by twisting his hip in your direction, or (shudder) face if you're sitting...
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Garibaldi

Quote from: THRAWN on January 22, 2016, 07:56:14 PM
Quote from: sarmed1 on January 22, 2016, 06:26:03 PM
This is a picture that comes to mind.....

http://api.ning.com/files/IKB3U5xDSCMEpH4fL0WDnywJhEI2tCxRjLWYUhtDdQ5Q81Uaj2gVCiqY39F-Lrxz-*JMgjZtdaDvdUEc*bAXcw__/p1.jpg

mk

Driven by a very fat, mustachioed guy that needs a bath, and a haircut. He's probably wearing a ball cap from one of the highspeed organizations that he belongs to (fire police, or something) and has a badge clipped to his belt that he makes sure is prominently displayed by twisting his hip in your direction, or (shudder) face if you're sitting...

I can't even imagine the signal bleed...I guess he really took Show-Me too literally.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

sarmed1

Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

Garibaldi

Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things