..and every CAP SAR nerd just lost his collective mind...

Started by NIN, January 20, 2016, 08:54:19 PM

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Luis R. Ramos

What is this? Is it your wish, or your unit's vehicle?

:clap:

Pretty cool, thanks for making some of us drool on the keyboard...

:P
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

THRAWN

It's nice, but I'll stick with my Mark 1-MOD 0 feets....
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Luis R. Ramos

Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Holding Pattern

abdsp51

I like it.  Hell if I could afford it I'd get one for a bug out vehicle for the end of the world.

sarmed1

Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

Spam

My unit finally disposed of its last surplus USAF combat ambulance in 2008 or so, and was briefly issued an aging 12 pax COV van, before we gained a new Excursion, which was taken by the current Wing/CC, in favor of a new Dodge 6 pax truck, which is perfect for our GT needs.

But while we briefly had that 12 pax Econoliner, we were dreamin' of pimpin' our COV:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bwe--afBlPihZHdHNTZFSmg3akU&usp=sharing

That tricked out van on the front slide is a sample of what you can find in Iceland, where they can apparently convert almost anything into a cross terrain emergency response vehicle...

V/R
Spam

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

#kwh

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot.  I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.  The function of man is to live, not to exist.  I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them.  I shall use my time.

ALORD

As I recall, if it's a purchased CAP Corporate vehicle, it has to be white. Maybe they would accept a red Jeep as a donation. Personally, I think you would be better off setting up a Squadron booster Corporate front and have the support group own the vehicle. This would prevent it from being kidnapped by a higher echelon and sent out to god-knows-where, where it would certainly be treated like a rental car with four wheel drive! ( I.e. Beaten like a Pinata) and maybe never finding its way back home. It needs a 22 foot long military whip HF antenna, an HF radio, a VHF radio, and an aircraft radio ( And a Blueray player for when you are stuck in traffic) It is sad that we can't have (real) HUMVEES or APC's. My dream SAR-Mobile is a Mercedes SUV that is 22 feet long and has a 500 Gallon diesel fuel tank, designed as Fire Department utility vehicles, but perfect for that soccer mom on the go who wants better mileage than say an armored personnel carrier. Our Squadron had a CUC-V, which was as old as the hills and as reliable as an english sports car...It rarely ran. A sweet ride like the one you have shown would make a great recruitment tool!

Slim

Quote from: NIN on January 21, 2016, 04:05:17 AM
Quote from: sarmed1 on January 21, 2016, 02:30:42 AM
I am more partial to this idea, but I am kind of old school when it comes to vehilcles.

http://s106.photobucket.com/user/Trainworm/library/Dantes%20Peak%20Suburban/

Its ... Its..  "The SAR Tomato!"

Just missing the fender mount air horns and the orange Stokes basket strapped to the roof

Slim

NIN

Quote from: Slim on January 21, 2016, 09:56:19 AM
Quote from: NIN on January 21, 2016, 04:05:17 AM
Quote from: sarmed1 on January 21, 2016, 02:30:42 AM
I am more partial to this idea, but I am kind of old school when it comes to vehilcles.

http://s106.photobucket.com/user/Trainworm/library/Dantes%20Peak%20Suburban/

Its ... Its..  "The SAR Tomato!"

Just missing the fender mount air horns and the orange Stokes basket strapped to the roof

And 800 sq ft of Scotchlite
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

THRAWN

Needs more diamond plate. And a Federal siren. And a bigger winch.
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Garibaldi

Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

THRAWN

Quote from: Garibaldi on January 21, 2016, 04:44:20 PM
Quote from: THRAWN on January 21, 2016, 04:35:39 PM
Needs more diamond plate. And a Federal siren. And a bigger winch.

More cowbell.

Always. During the planning of my mother in law's funeral, my wife suggested a symphony of bells. I looked at her and said "Yep, this funeral needs more cowbell" in my best Walken voice. She actually got me a cowbell as this year's joke gift at Christmas. It is fun to play when I have a couple distilled beverages....cowbell comes up with unhealthy regularity in my world...
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

NIN

Quote from: THRAWN on January 21, 2016, 05:02:57 PM
Always. During the planning of my mother in law's funeral, my wife suggested a symphony of bells. I looked at her and said "Yep, this funeral needs more cowbell" in my best Walken voice. She actually got me a cowbell as this year's joke gift at Christmas. It is fun to play when I have a couple distilled beverages....cowbell my shirt comes up with unhealthy regularity in my world...

FTFY.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

THRAWN

And that is not too far off...lol

What did we do to this thread?!!?
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Garibaldi

Quote from: THRAWN on January 21, 2016, 05:07:43 PM
And that is not too far off...lol

What did we do to this thread?!!?

The cowbell is actually my suggestion as a safety feature. It also comes in handy when you're tooling down the road listening to BOC on the way to a mission.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things