Encampment / Other Unit Emblems on Black T-Shirts

Started by TheSkyHornet, December 29, 2015, 07:20:20 PM

THRAWN

Quote from: baronet68 on December 31, 2015, 08:01:31 AM
Quote from: Ned on December 30, 2015, 07:00:42 PM
So it sounds like we agree that you should not be doing routine underwear inspections of cadets.   ;D

And I suspect we also agree that if the rare instance that a BDU shirt is removed "in the immediate work area" (CAPM 39-1, para 5.1.1), and a member's black crew neck t-shirt has something other than a 5 inch uniform emblem approved by a commander on the left chest, then the supervisor might say something to the effect of:

1.   "Hey, that's not authorized.  Unless you have another t-shirt handy, I'll need you to put your BDU shirt back on." Or maybe,

2.  "Cadet take a quick look at para 5.1.1.4 and tell me how that applies to your t-shirt".  Or maybe

3.  "Wow.  Slayer, huh?  Cool.  Stay out of public view unless you put your BDU shirt back on, and be sure to wear an authorized t-shirt next time.

Problem solved.

Another possible option (if circumstances allow) would be to wear the offending t-shirt inside-out.

Or my personal favorite: keep the doggone uniform shirt on!
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Alaric

Quote from: Nuke52 on December 31, 2015, 12:24:30 AM
Quote from: Alaric on December 30, 2015, 03:51:10 AM
Quote from: Storm Chaser on December 29, 2015, 10:09:40 PM
If it doesn't show, there shouldn't be an issue.

Except that entire integrity thing.

So I s'pose you've never driven even 1 mph over a posted, legal speed limit, eh?  You know, integrity and all...

Actually, I once did get a speeding ticket when I first got my license and since then drive at or lower than the limit. 

Alaric

Quote from: Starfleet Auxiliary on December 30, 2015, 04:55:36 PM

I would hope that not needing to buy un-necessary clothes when functionally existing ones are available wouldn't fall under the category of "integrity."  :o

Unless you are offering to buy all the cadets in my squadron some new shirts, in which case:  :clap:

Talk to the people who wrote the regs, or propose a reg change. 

Alaric

Quote from: Storm Chaser on December 30, 2015, 08:40:36 AM

And as usual, CAP members continue to focus on the wrong things. In my 19 years in the military, no one has ever cared what logos are on my t-shirt (usually none, but sometimes an old unit or school emblem) or what color are my socks (usually black), as long as they don't show. We focus on more important things. I've never spent as much time discussing uniforms in the Air Force as I do in CAP. Why? No wonder in another thread many have posted that without Air Force-style uniforms many (most?) members would leave CAP.

If after so many years of exemplary CAP service my integrity is going to be questioned on the basis of my t-shirt, so be it. I have more important things to worry about.

My point only was that if you know you're not in regs just because no one can see it doesn't mean its right.  I think we spend way too much time talking and obsessing with uniforms.  That being said, I stopped wearing my NESA T-shirts when the new regs came out.  Other people will do what they think best.