Main Menu

Squadron Pride

Started by winterg, September 01, 2015, 12:59:21 AM

winterg

This has no bearing on anything, I just wanted to show off my squadron's new emblem that was approved.  We are very proud of it. 

Blazon:
     a. On an disc Azure, a Roman Helm Crested in profile facing Dexter Argent over two Roman Swords crossed Argent, in Chief three stars of five points spaced evenly above the crest of the helmet Argent, in Base a three bladed propeller Gules within an equilateral triangle Argent, all within a narrow border Or.
     b. Attached above the disc, a blue scroll edged in a narrow yellow border and inscribed "STAND READY" in yellow letters.
     c. Attached below the disc, a blue scroll edged in a narrow yellow border and inscribed "447th COMPOSITE SQUADRON" in yellow letters.
Symbolism:
     a. Blue and yellow are the colors of our parent organization, the United States Air Force, and represent our long-standing association.
     b. Blue alludes to the sky, which is a primary theater of Civil Air Patrol operations from our first days on.
     c. Yellow refers to the sun and the excellence required of all CAP personnel.
     d. White represents the perfection in ourselves that we must continually strive for.
     e. Red represents the sacrifice made by members of the Civil Air Patrol to our Nation.
     f. The Roman style Helmet & Swords represents the nickname of the 447th Composite Squadron, "Centurions". Individually, the Helmet represents the Wisdom we should continually seek and the Crossed Swords signify Military Honor to represent our duty and privilege to prepare the next generation of leaders in our armed forces.
     g. The 3 Stars signify the squadron's assignment to Group 3 within the Florida Wing of the Civil Air Patrol.
     h. The Triangle & Prop Emblem of the Civil Air Patrol is in Base to signify that the three missions of CAP and our core values are the foundation of everything we do.
     i. The motto "STAND READY" is a constant reminder that we must continually maintain ourselves in a vigilant state of readiness to be prepared to overcome any challenge and succeed.

Eaker Guy

Pretty awesome!!!! Maybe "Semper Vigilans" instead of stand ready, but it's cool!

I wish my unit could do something like this.....

winterg

Quote from: C/Maj Kiss on September 01, 2015, 01:05:17 AM
Pretty awesome!!!! Maybe "Semper Vigilans" instead of stand ready, but it's cool!
I wish my unit could do something like this.....

Thank you.  Semper Vigilans is the motto of the Civil air Patrol.  Individual units can have their own motto that speaks to their own identity.

You can do something like this if you want.  If your unit needs a new emblem or does not have one, feel free to ask questions and I will point you in the right direction.

Holding Pattern

Well done! Make sure you dedicate a page on your squadron site to the Heraldric explanation you gave here.