Denver for 3 weeks, any locals?

Started by Bulls729, August 30, 2015, 11:27:27 PM

Bulls729

Hey there everyone!

I hope those who came to the Conference enjoyed the "lovely" humidity in my hometown of Orlando.

I'll be in Denver for about 3 weeks for training, starting next week as I transition to a new Airline. Any Denver locals here have any input of things to do on my more than likely limited free time? I'd also love to visit a local unit as well.

Thank you very much!
1st Lt.
IT Officer
FLWG

arajca

Where about in Denver will you be at? Depending on how far you want to travel, there are a number of things to do and see in Denver.

scooter

I assume you will be at the UAL for Frontier training facilities. You are coming to the land of craft beer!. If you dont have transportation and cant go far, try the local brews (not Coors). Some really good stuff. Beer seemed to help me study my EPs, procedures, etc. when I was in school.  :)

Abby.L

Enjoy it! I love my hometown, though I'm not actually there right now. There are a number of mountains to hike(Weird, huh?), in addition to the above-mentioned local breweries. There are also some historically important places(Sorry, brain's not working in English.... DLI), like Wings Over The Rockies(Used to be AF base, now museum), and Ft Logan Ntnl cemetery, where John F Curry is actually buried. But arajca can tell you more about that.  ::)
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

SarDragon

One of the local units also meets at Wings Over the Rockies, but don't remember which night. It's on what used to be Lowry AFB.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret