Main Menu

Congrats, Nin!

Started by BFreemanMA, March 20, 2015, 03:31:25 PM

BFreemanMA

In case anyone hasn't read it yet, we received an email stating that Lt Col Darin Ninness was accepted as National Recruiting and Retention Officer!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Brian Freeman, Capt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer
Westover Composite Squadron

Capt Thompson

I only know him from reading posts on here, but seems like a good choice, congrats Sir!
Capt Matt Thompson
Deputy Commander for Cadets, Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)

NIN

Quote from: S/M Thompson on March 20, 2015, 03:43:57 PM
I only know him from reading posts on here, but seems like a good choice, congrats Sir!

You might have known me from Michigan Wing back when you were a cadet, but doubtful. I seldom got down to Monroe County :)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Salty

CAP Cadet 1989-1994
CAP Senior Member 1994-1995, 2011-current
USAF Aeromedical Technician 1994-1998

Майор Хаткевич

Oh, guess the word is out. Heard about it last Saturday. Guess NIN was finally convinced that if anyone can do a good job, he's the guy! Congratulations sir.

P.S. no email on this end...did it go out to recruiting staff only?

NIN

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on March 20, 2015, 04:15:29 PM
Oh, guess the word is out. Heard about it last Saturday. Guess NIN was finally convinced that if anyone can do a good job, he's the guy! Congratulations sir.

Yeah to all the RROs.

If you heard last Saturday, someone jumped in a Delorean :)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Capt Thompson

Quote from: NIN on March 20, 2015, 03:55:06 PM
Quote from: S/M Thompson on March 20, 2015, 03:43:57 PM

You might have known me from Michigan Wing back when you were a cadet, but doubtful. I seldom got down to Monroe County :)

Could've crossed paths, was at Phoenix Cadet Squadron under Maj Scott back in the day, possibly crossed paths at Encampment, Operation Wolverine or another ES activity, Quiz Bowl, Drill Comp or Dining Out maybe. I got around the Wing as much as possible!
Capt Matt Thompson
Deputy Commander for Cadets, Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: NIN on March 20, 2015, 04:28:46 PM
Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on March 20, 2015, 04:15:29 PM

Yeah to all the RROs.

If you heard last Saturday, someone jumped in a Delorean :)

Comes with his post count, door #2.

NIN

Quote from: S/M Thompson on March 20, 2015, 04:42:43 PM
Could've crossed paths, was at Phoenix Cadet Squadron under Maj Scott back in the day, possibly crossed paths at Encampment, Operation Wolverine or another ES activity, Quiz Bowl, Drill Comp or Dining Out maybe. I got around the Wing as much as possible!

I was the commander of South Oakland then, before I moved to NH.  Maj Watts (female type), Maj Haase, Maj Freytag were all members of my unit at the time.  Colonel Burke and I go *way* back to a day before the earth cooled and the planes had two wings, one on top of the other.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Flying Pig

Talk is cheap.  What sort of re-up package can you offer me?   >:D

Congrats

Storm Chaser

Are we getting reenlistment bonuses now? I may even consider going NCO for that.  >:D

Congratulations, Nin!

NIN

Quote from: Flying Pig on March 20, 2015, 04:58:13 PM
Talk is cheap.  What sort of re-up package can you offer me?   >:D

I can double your salary and lower your cutting score. 

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

NC Hokie

I couldn't think of a better person for the job.  Let me know if you need a guinea pig in North Carolina.  ;D
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

Ned

Quote from: NC Hokie on March 20, 2015, 05:40:56 PM
I couldn't think of a better person for the job.  Let me know if you need a guinea pig in North Carolina.  ;D

Or a Guinness in Orlando!

Chappie

Excellent!!! Congrats on the new assignment.
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

FW

I'm looking forward to some new and exciting ideas!   Congrats Big D. ;D

NIN

It's a good thing I'm not paying by the email. My inbox is groaning right now
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Майор Хаткевич

dwb

MSG Mac

Atta Boy! But you've been in office for a whole week. Where are the Hordes of Volunteers?
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

NIN

Three days. ;) not a week. I got the high sign on Wednesday
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

BillB

Nin, have something for you, send me your email address in private message. This %#&@ desktop crashed and lost everything
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

GroundHawg

Dont national positions get you a bird? At any rate, congrats and condolences :) Im still debating on chartering a new squadron and will be in need of recruiting advice if I decide to go through with this crazy idea.

JeffDG

Quote from: GroundHawg on March 21, 2015, 12:57:00 PM
Dont national positions get you a bird? At any rate, congrats and condolences :) Im still debating on chartering a new squadron and will be in need of recruiting advice if I decide to go through with this crazy idea.

Only specific ones.

CARP 35-5, 1-5
Quotec. Colonel. The grade of colonel is reserved for members of the CAP Command Council,
region vice commanders, the Chief of the Chaplain Corps, Chief of the Legal Officer Corps, and
the CAP Inspector General.

jhighman

Congrats on your selection but an even bigger thank you for stepping up and being part of the solution!

Private Investigator

Quote from: NIN on March 21, 2015, 11:44:51 AM
Three days. ;) not a week. I got the high sign on Wednesday

No wonder my phone is ringing a lot more lately.

Congratulations  :clap:

SeanM

Congrats, NIN.   :clap:

Sean
Sean McClanahan, Lt Col, CAP
Squadron Commander, Delaware Legislative Squadron
Director of Emergency Services - Delaware Wing

Shuman 14

Congrats Sir!  :clap:
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

THRAWN

Quote from: JeffDG on March 21, 2015, 01:21:21 PM

Only specific ones.

CARP 35-5, 1-5
Quotec. Colonel. The grade of colonel is reserved for members of the CAP Command Council,
region vice commanders, the Chief of the Chaplain Corps, Chief of the Legal Officer Corps, and

Interesting to note who is not on that list, but is wearing eagles....
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

JeffDG

Quote from: THRAWN on March 26, 2015, 11:31:11 AM

Only specific ones.

CARP 35-5, 1-5

Who's that?

THRAWN

Quote from: JeffDG on March 26, 2015, 12:10:28 PM

Only specific ones.

CARP 35-5, 1-5

Who's that?

At first glance, the National Historian for one. The quote you pulled is interesting because is states that the grade is reserved for region vice commanders, but you have to dive into the section on command appointments to see that it is also hunky-dory for region commanders as well. Who ever wrote that didn't do a very good job of listing who can be a colonel...
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

NIN

Who's that?

I'm sure Ned's name is going to come up.

You know, the guy who has held any number of staff positions up and down the echelons over the last 40 years, including one of the at-large seats on the BoG, and has had a hand in a lot of major CAP initiatives over that time...

(BTW: at least three people asked me if I was going to be promoted to Colonel.  Do people not like me? <GRIN>)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

JeffDG

Quote from: THRAWN on March 26, 2015, 12:31:16 PM

Only specific ones.

CARP 35-5, 1-5

Who's that?

At first glance, the National Historian for one. The quote you pulled is interesting because is states that the grade is reserved for region vice commanders, but you have to dive into the section on command appointments to see that it is also hunky-dory for region commanders as well. Who ever wrote that didn't do a very good job of listing who can be a colonel...
Region and Wing Commanders are members of the CAP Command Council.

LSThiker

Quote from: THRAWN on March 26, 2015, 12:31:16 PM
Who's that?

The list was amended recently and removed three staff positions:  National Historian, Chief of Health Services, and National Safety Officer.  Therefore, there is not anything interesting by that quote. 

Pylon

Congrats, NIN!

Now go forth and produce untold millions of recruits and offer unto us enticing retention packages.  >:D
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

TexasBEAST

It's darn great to see a good guy get recognized, Nin.

Maybe you are just the person to finally make Recruiting & Retention something fun & interesting? The best of luck to ya.

EDIT: Since you were so fond of Star Wars references at the old CS site, <"Impressive . . . MOST impressive.">

And since you dug ZZ Top over there too, here's you <a new theme song>.
--TB