Google Exec Breaks Baumgartner's Space Jump Record

Started by Eclipse, October 25, 2014, 06:41:30 PM

FlyTiger77

Quote from: NIN on October 26, 2014, 10:24:18 PM
Basically, only a balloon or a sub orbital space craft is going to be able to take somebody up for that kind of parachute jump without dealing with massive amounts of atmospheric heating.

But once they lasso an asteroid and build the great space elevator...
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

LSThiker

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

BHartman007

We had one of the guys from ILC Dover who built Eustace's space suit come in and give a fascinating presentation on this. He even brought in some of the parts like gloves and a face shield. He had a bunch of neat behind the scenes photos and videos from the flight testing and construction. There's going to be a documentary aired on one of the sciencyish cable channels soon.

He said Eustace had a rule that if you leaked any of the project, you were out. He didn't want it to be seen as a Google thing because of his job.

Wing Assistant Director of Administration
Squadron Deputy Commander for Cadets

NIN

Quote from: BHartman007 on December 16, 2014, 03:22:59 PM
He said Eustace had a rule that if you leaked any of the project, you were out. He didn't want it to be seen as a Google thing because of his job.

I queried my buddy from Performance Designs (the parachute manufacturer). He didn't say it in so many words, but that was the impression I got, too.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.