Main Menu

Dear NHQ.

Started by Майор Хаткевич, October 08, 2014, 12:43:29 AM

SarDragon

Actually, the desired trouser color is darker than the grade slides. There was a lame graphic with Light, Medium, and Dark Grey online some time back, and the Medium was darker than the slides. Personally my trousers match the slides.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Майор Хаткевич

captalk.net/index.php?topic=13181.msg238551#msg238551

Of course I have slides in 3 colors as well...

Shuman 14

Blue, Maroon and Grey?  ;)
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

Garibaldi

Quote from: shuman14 on October 16, 2014, 01:26:35 PM
Blue, Maroon and Grey?  ;)

Right here.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

BFreemanMA

Target sells pairs that are a near-exact match to the grey slides. I think they might actually be the pair Capt Harkvich is displaying...in case anyone is looking for a reasonable pair of slacks that are a good resemblance.
Brian Freeman, Capt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer
Westover Composite Squadron

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: BFreemanMA on October 16, 2014, 02:29:45 PM
Target sells pairs that are a near-exact match to the grey slides. I think they might actually be the pair Capt Harkvich is displaying...in case anyone is looking for a reasonable pair of slacks that are a good resemblance.

I was looking at something at target early on, but went to macys for the final purchase. Nice material, "stretchy" waist. Perfect for shirt garters and adjusting when necessary.

Yes. I wear shirt garters with my G/Ws. At least 4, sometimes 8.

AirAux

Careful, you'll put your eye out...

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: AirAux on October 16, 2014, 02:50:36 PM
Careful, you'll put your eye out...

It's not my eyes I'm worried about if one gets loose...

jeders

Quote from: BFreemanMA on October 16, 2014, 02:29:45 PM

Sears also sells pants that are a very close match, or at least they did a few years ago when I had to go grey.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Shuman 14

Yes, but wouldn't it be... nice ... if there was a designated pair that you knew... exactly... what to buy and wear?

I'm just saying.
Joseph J. Clune

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

jeders

Quote from: shuman14 on October 16, 2014, 03:45:48 PM
Yes, but wouldn't it be... nice ... if there was a designated pair that you knew... exactly... what to buy and wear?

I'm just saying.

And it would cost at least 20% more and would still have shade variations based on dye lots.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

AirAux

And would only go up to 44 waist size, completely defeating the WHOLE thing...

Shuman 14

Jeders and AirAux I think those are assumptions on both your parts and not facts.

I know of several Police departments that wear grey trousers and I know plenty of 45+ waist size officers on said departments, so I think you are mistaken.
Joseph J. Clune

AirAux

Strange thee were no weight requirements in the past, or we would have lost a true leader, Gen. Curtis LeMay, father of SAC...  You know General Schwarzkopf wasn't too small either, another great leader..  Maybe we should rethink this political correctnes thing??

Eclipse

As pointed out on numerous occasions, there are plenty of service members
today, right now, in uniform, well out of weight.

"That Others May Zoom"

Storm Chaser

And as it also been pointed out, the Air Force did away with H/W tables years ago. Maybe we should do the same for CAP and require instead that members pass a PFT twice a year.

vento

Quote from: Storm Chaser on October 16, 2014, 05:32:34 PM
And as it also been pointed out, the Air Force did away with H/W tables years ago. Maybe we should do the same for CAP and require instead that members pass a PFT twice a year.

And those who can't pass the PFT are to leave CAP or wear the alternate uniform? The problem remains, just under a different subset of requirements.

The only UNIFORM will be the one that ALL members can wear without regard to one being too short or too tall.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: shuman14 on October 16, 2014, 05:15:34 PM
Jeders and AirAux I think those are assumptions on both your parts and not facts.

I know of several Police departments that wear grey trousers and I know plenty of 45+ waist size officers on said departments, so I think you are mistaken.

My grey trousers were actually made by a firm in Britain that makes uniforms for British police departments.  They look the part and are very close to the rank slides' grey.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Storm Chaser

Quote from: vento on October 16, 2014, 05:58:15 PM
Quote from: Storm Chaser on October 16, 2014, 05:32:34 PM

And those who can't pass the PFT are to leave CAP or wear the alternate uniform? The problem remains, just under a different subset of requirements.

The only UNIFORM will be the one that ALL members can wear without regard to one being too short or too tall.

That was really my point.

We complain about the H/W requirement for the Air Force-style uniform, but many (most?) members (even those who meet H/W) wouldn't be able to pass a PFT, if required. Most members wouldn't want a PFT or mandatory weigh-ins or anything like that.

We talk about a single uniform that everyone can wear, but we don't want to give up the Air Force-style uniform. We talk about standardizing the corporate uniform (and making it more on par with the Air Force-style uniform), but then complain about cost, sources and availability.

We can't decide what we want, so we keep the status quo. The bottom line is we can't have it both ways. If we want true change, some members will be affected. There's no way around that.

Ned

Mostly agree, however:
Quote from: Storm Chaser on October 16, 2014, 06:28:17 PM

We can't decide what we want, so we keep the status quo. The bottom line is we can't have it both ways.

I completely agree that we can't have it both ways - the "all corporate" and "all AF-style" models are mutually exclusive, and many members feel passionately about their personal preferences in the matter.

But we have decided

The current "corporate / AF-style" dual track is the compromise our leadership has determined best meets the needs of the organization and our membership.

And like any compromise, passionate people on both sides remain unhappy.

So we will continue to talk about it on CAPTalk.

Forever.